Post your covers! (2023)

DaVinci Resolve.
The free version will do everything you need, but it needs a good computer.

3 Likes

I’m starting to learn it … not very easy ! but it seems excellent, yeah.

2 Likes

Check out @PamPurrs and my tutorial to cut to the chase on the things needed. There are also a couple of very good YouTubers for “how do I do this, how do I do that”

3 Likes

yeah, also a lot of very good tutorials in french, which is nice for me :grin:

1 Like

This is the fist song I’ve done where the timing gave me a really hard time. It’s in 5/4 and it was really hard to get used to. Other than that it’s not really a difficult song, but it is fun to play.

Muse - Animals

11 Likes

Very good job @Paul_9207 ! Added to the list of songs I want to play. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know maybe it’s just me but I think you nailed it. That looks like a very busy bass line. Awesome job @Paul_9207. Nice tone also blended with the song well!

4 Likes
12 Likes

Those fills were excellent, and loved the tone, and can always go for some :metal: VH! :metal:

2 Likes

I liked this, looked fun to play, and a good departure from journey for sure.

I have to admit I’ve watched my own youtube covers to relearn how to play songs more than once.

4 Likes

That was great Paul! I like this more than Hysteria, the 5/4 really gives it an interesting feel.

3 Likes

That’s why I always write tabs for every song I learn lol…I wish I could keep them all in the memory banks!

@Paul_9207 not the biggest muse fan, so I had never heard that song before. The truck speakers weren’t ready for that much bass!! Nice job articulating those really fast notes, that’s something I struggle with at times. Sounded great!

6 Likes

Wildflowers is one of those albums I can listen to start to finish. I always appreciate when this track comes up and dials up the rock a little. Nicely done!

3 Likes

Thanks, It definitely is different.

3 Likes

Yeah. That descending line there in the middle gets pretty low.

I think muse is a love or hate band. Not many people on the fence with them.

1 Like

You just put the bass high in the mix and I usually listen to my music up wayyy too high in the truck so when you came in it was just so loud! Definitely got my attention lol

2 Likes

ah I see, yes I definitely mix the bass high. I hope it sounded okay :grin:

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Very nice playing Paul! Not familiar with the song, but I thought is was very well done.

2 Likes

That was perfect tone Justin! Really enjoyed it.

2 Likes