Post your covers! (2023)

Awesome work Scott! Very, very well done!

1 Like

Well done! Excellent video presentation.

1 Like

Great job Ed!

1 Like

Thanks @JerryP ! Ed will return in Highway to Hell :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/9E3HxCkga3w?si=h-o5SU9cCqapDQTn A video I did today. Fun song to play and who doesn’t love Whitesnake? Well I guess some may not but hey, we all can’t have good tastes haha :joy: JK

10 Likes

Been a while since I recorded a cover. This time around, decided to have a re-attempt at the first song I attempted recording (more details on that in the 50 covers song specific thread here). I think this is the first cover that I did not strictly use Josh’s tabs as a basis. For this song, it came from a mash-up of the first way I learned the song from a YouTube video, tabs found on UG, Josh’s tabs and my own ear.

Recorded with Darkglass Harmonic Booster, Darkglass Microtubes Infinity and Zoom B1 Four (for the ZNR noise-gate) into my NUX MPP-3 for IR, AMP and audio interface.

9 Likes

This sounded great!!!

3 Likes

@Ed Ed Ed!!!
Loved this!!!
Love the tone and you getting your slap on.
You looked so relaxed and played it seamlessly.

I think the tones you are looking for in your slap pops can be had just a couple inches up with your thumb and finger just at the end of the fretboard. You won’t hurt your frets. I think it sounded great anyway. Wowsa!

3 Likes

Great tune. Nice job!

2 Likes

Thank you buddy!!

1 Like

Hey thanks @John_E !! I reckon you’re right about the slapping position - I’m probably not going to cover much more slap songs but I got to admit it does feel satisfying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey that is a totally kickass cover @TheMadBassist - that would not be out of place in a Hells Angels bar - and I mean that as a compliment ! Liked. And. Subscribed :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow thank you so much brother I really appreciate the compliment and sub!! Preesh preesh

2 Likes

Nice work Scott. We’ve got you out of your chair :white_check_mark:
You’re not looking at the sheet music :white_check_mark:
Smiling / having fun (hostage video vibe) :x:

Top work fella that was really good.

4 Likes

Thanks @Ed I’ve always loved that tune. I skipped the slap module so no notes from me. However I really enjoyed that!

2 Likes

Thanks Barney!

I was also disappointed by my lack of enthuasiam in the final video. I had a handful of videos I was working on and of course the best play attempts came with not much emoting. I had some nice ones where I was starting to get into it but then I’d make a massive mistake and the take would be ruined.

EDIT: This also happened during my attempts :smirk_cat:

I really wanted to hold it together for this one but it didn’t happen… :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh fabulous, I hope you love it. I wanted to like it but the lighter body vs the head stock didn’t work for me.

But man it’s a good looking bass !

3 Likes

That was great @brik1970 Brian! Nice tone on this one.

1 Like
5 Likes

Thanks dude!

I’m happy with the bass but man it wasn’t smooth sailing from the start. Even though I was playing it at the store quite frequently I never noticed that there was an issue with the tone knob.

At full volume the tone knob worked perfectly but once you dialed the volume down past 90% the tone knob would become null! So if the tone knob was all the way down and you brought the volume down from 100%, the full tone would re-appear around 90% volume even though the knob had not moved! Crazy stuff…

Anyways, re-flowed the solder on the tone knob and the associated capacitor and all is well now.

It’s pretty awesome to have a shorter scale in the arsenal as well since my hands aren’t really large. Some of those 3 fret stretches can be rough on a full scale! I’m dealing with that now with Rancid’s Time Bomb…

I’m not sure how visible my black cat is in that shot, he jumped up on the desk and stared me down while I was working on that attempt… :rofl:

2 Likes