Post your covers! (2023)

Sounds pretty good! Thanks for sharing with us.

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry!

2 Likes

Nice Justin, very funky this one.

3 Likes

Well done @dlamson13
Never hear the tune or of the band before. Good stuff.

3 Likes

I don’t know how you bang out covers so quickly @Paul_9207 but you do a great job on all of them!

3 Likes

Sounded really good @EverC!
A couple small timing blips but really great overall. Love the acoustic for this too.

Non-full songs generally are posted here btw:

I bet if you went to the 50 song challenge you could learn and play the whole tune very quickly!

2 Likes

Sounds fantastic.
I had that bass for a while but never warmed up to a 6-string but have to say it’s an incredible bass for the price. I don’t regret selling it but do miss how amazing it was for the $

3 Likes

Thanks John. Work has slowed down a little this week and the kids have Christmas gifts to keep them busy so it feels like I have a bit more time.

1 Like

@EverC nice riff…your fretting looks pretty good!

1 Like

Thanks @John_E. I have moved the post to the practice fragments :+1:

1 Like

For sure. I rarely use it myself, but I’ll break it out when I don’t want to detune one of my four stringers and have to re-intonate everything. I can get away with 1/2 step or even full step usually, but beyond that the 6’er has to be used.

2 Likes

Sweet. I didn’t realize there was a “practice fragments” thread. This would be cool for songs like “In the Air Tonight” where it takes forever for the bass to kick in.

1 Like

Songs like that are the perfect opportunity to get yourself a cup of coffee, take a bathroom break, or play a game of solitaire while you wait for the bass part to start haha :joy:

3 Likes

Looks like I got some more catching up to do!

This song is…hard to play. It’s not really complicated but trying to nail this riff has given me so much grief. I think this is the best I can do for now. I feel like I could do better but I have to move on, this song is driving me crazy!

Really digging this band and have at least one more cover from them on the way. Hope you guys like this one!

The Jam.- Town Called Malice

12 Likes

Awesome playing Ant! I think you nailed it very well!

1 Like

true. Excellent playing, @Ant , this line is not one of the easiest ones, and you nailed it (and I don’t say that so often). that’s what I call a true badass bass player.

there is a small tuning issue starting at 2:07 , maybe too much finger pressure on the A string ? or a slight bend ?

but yeah, awesome playing.

3 Likes

Happy New Year Bass Buzzers!
Since I am a student of that great philosopher, Dirty Harry, “A Man Has Got to Know His Limitations”, I knew there was no way I could play the part accompanying the two guitar solos. So I came up with my own line suitable for my ability (or lack thereof). I don’t think it sounds too bad but I’d like hear from you.
Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy it.

Special Thank You to Al @Al1885 for suggesting the D’Addario Tape wounds for my Stingray. It was just what I was looking for.

11 Likes

Love it @JerryP it brings out the growls of the stingray. Awesome cover and kudos on the change up.

I’ll catch up on all of the rest of the covers next year. I’m going through the iems phrase right now, lol. Hopefully soon I’ll know more about it, lol.

3 Likes

Yeah it got busy at the end of the year @Ant .

What I hear whist nodding along is hard work / practice to get to this point and it sounds really good. 15/10 would recommend :slight_smile: I grew up with this music and you nailed it.

3 Likes

@JerryP Ok confession time, I didn’t know this song. Yeah I know and I’m 52.

Stingray :white_check_mark:
Extended music stand made from cardboard (patent pending) :white_check_mark:
Tone :white_check_mark:
Playing / dynamics :white_check_mark:

Solid cover to wrap up 2023.

3 Likes