Post your covers! (2023)

Beautifully done Growl! The new bass sound great!
:+1:

1 Like

Nicely done. Crystal clear bass sound !

1 Like

Love everything about it, nice cover Growl ! Plus your sound suits this song very well.

2 Likes

Hey @terb and @JoshFossgreen - we are quickly approaching post 10,000.

I remember discussion of splitting by year or something?

Thread is on fire this year!

2 Likes

Thank you Mediaklan!

@Growl that sounds fabulous. I don’t know the record but if I heard that on the radio I’d assume that was the original bass line. That’s how good it sounds.

Looking forward to your next cover which if you follow a logical progression will be ‘Especially for you’ by Kylie and Jason. I know that would make @Mac’s week :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:grin:

3 Likes

LMFAO, just heard it for the first time. :rofl:
Reminded me to Robin’s songs from “How I Met Your Mother”. If you watched it.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right. That’s done !

So, we continue here : Post your covers! (2023)

@JoshFossgreen , could we please close this topic so we’re sure that everybody will swith to the new one ? thanks !

3 Likes

And move all the 2023 posts to it.

3 Likes

And lock the thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just saw that this thread is going to be locked, but before that:

Thank you for watching and commenting on my cover, @terb @howard @toughdoody @Ed @John_E @Al1885 @JerryP @Barney @Growl! You guys are the best!

4 Likes

Just moved over all the 2023 posts to this thread! Sorry for the clunky thread all future readers, we made the change late. It’s still Q1 though lol!

3 Likes

Aw man! Now I’m no longer “First!”

2 Likes

thank you @JoshFossgreen !

2 Likes

My submission is buried way at the start of this, even though I just posted it yesterday, Here it is again so everyone can see my glorious performance.

A couple of weeks, ok, 4, ago my brother said, Let’s learn She Talks To Angels by The Black Crows!

I said, OK! So here is my attempt to throw that together. My brother has yet to evben start!

I did learn it, mostly, after about 2 weeks but only just now getting around to recording. Its a fun song, not too difficult so anyone having done the B2B course should haver no problem.

Only challenge was getting a good take! Took me 5 tries to get this one, and it may have 1 or 2 mistakes, as they say, “Just keep playing! Nobody will notice!”
I bet some of you will.

https://youtu.be/ys2nREXKrNY

13 Likes

I love that song, and you did a splendid cover of it.

3 Likes

Stewart and Sting were co-founders of the Police. That said, Sting was the songwriter and singer, so he naturally was the musical director and leader of the band.

4 Likes

Yes the new Police. Not till they found Andy Summers the guy who unlocked the Police since he could play more than 3 chords, lol.

3 Likes

Coming from his jazz background, Sting was used to playing with guys with killer chops.

Andy had great musicality, and he and Sting developed a tremendous respect for each other as players.

3 Likes