I know how you feel about Adam Levine, I toggle between liking him and nails on a chalkboard.
Digging the Warwick tone big time on this one.
Squier certainly holds its own in between it and the MM Jazz.
All done fantastically as usual @Al1885 !!
I know how you feel about Adam Levine, I toggle between liking him and nails on a chalkboard.
Digging the Warwick tone big time on this one.
Squier certainly holds its own in between it and the MM Jazz.
All done fantastically as usual @Al1885 !!
Yeah it’s deceptively simple but quite catchy. I’m just not a big fan but my kids listen to them all the time, lol
Wow! Thank you. I don’t even know how to respond to that but awesome!!
Thanks John, I gotta mix it up…LOL
I love this community. So many diverse styles and cool people all around.
Tim McGraw - Indian Outlaw bass cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2amRHbCSuV8
Hey @Huth_S0lo if you didn’t know there’s a practice fragments thread that your post would sit nicely in. Oh and plug it in via your DAW / Headphones so we can hear it.
Nice one Justin! Haven’t heard that in a while.
I started working on this one right after I finished Cherry Waves, so just about three days ago. Took me the entire day yesterday to transcribe, then this morning while practicing and getting frustrated, I realized I had made shitty internet tabs, so I went through and re-tabbed the entire song today, and had to unlearn much of what I had practiced yesterday ![]()
My hands are aching, my back is killing me, but I’ve done it…played through one time without screwing up! This is at least my 50th attempt. I am bummed I wasn’t filming but I’ll get a video of this one soon. This song is super fun to play and is definitely one of this band’s best.
Time to put ze ear goggles on…now!
The Shins - Australia
Edit: Wow, a good nights sleep really is the key to playing well. Woke up this morning, fingers on fire, thought I’d have a go at filming it this time. Video is a little out of sync at the beginning for some reason, meh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XbPWw5--Rw
Nice job! that sounds like a fun tune. also, that’s a great looking bass.
@Ant you are doing really well with the counter melodies stuff. That’s some fine playing.
That’s a fun song @JustinAndSheba. When I see Tim McGraw, I kept seeing the Dad in Blindside, lol. Fine playing as always.
Fantastic playing here @Ant, and not an easy tune either.
Well done man!
Thanks guys! This was a super fun one to play and a nice break from the hard rock I usually like to play. Already working on another one from this band, about 1/3 the way through the transcription so hopefully I’ll have it up by this weekend. I’ve got a couple pedals arriving tomorrow so I might spend the weekend tinkering with those instead, we’ll see!
Well done Ant, this really does look like a fun song to play !
Thanks for the tab ! Added straight away on the ever growing list-of-songs-to-try-for-when-i-will-stopped-noodling-around-the-others-songs-i-wish-to-try ^^
The Shins! I haven’t heard this in a while. You did a great job playing and transcribing it. I know I say it all the time, but I just love the variety of covers we get here.
Time for the next cover before I don’t have anymore time to play, lol. We are signing the lease on my new restaurant in a few weeks so the next few weeks it’s gonna be jammed pack with ToDo list.
Song Come Together by the Beatles
Bass
Mij ‘51 reissued
EBMM Sabre Bass
American Performer Mustang Bass
American Pro II P Bass
All have the tone rolled almost all the way off and on the Mustang is all neck pickup.
I’ve never done Beatles cover before so I didn’t know how much pain it was trying to post the video on YouTube. I was blocked so Vimeo it is!
Hope it works. It actually sounds better than YouTube. I just noticed it tonight that YouTube video sounded like listening though the home phone, which is very odd. May be it’s just tonight.
All the basses sounded good (except perhaps I think I want to like the sound of the mustang more than I actually do)…the quad box thing was cool too
The mustang is definitely my favorite to play. The very close second to play is the ‘51.
My least favorite Beatles tune (which is why I doubt I will ever cover all of Abbey Road, lol.
That said, you did a great job on it as always.
I actually liked the Mustang the least, tone was not as fat and round as some of the others.
I found the Sabre to work really well here and the P.