Post your covers! (2023)

Top banana @JerryP. Ever since I learnt / learned that song I find myself going back to it at least once a week just because it’s such a fun tune to goof about to.

Sounded fab as usual :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks @John_E and @Barney !

That’s a good cover. I love the descending basslines. It just works!

2 Likes

@Ant That’s tight man! awesome time and in the pocket the whole way.

2 Likes

That’s a great cover @JerryP its a fun bass line to play too. Just couldn’t but swinging along with you.

2 Likes

I love this song. It’s usually put me in a relax mood, minimum instruments just go for it.

Song Just Believe by Braxtron brother.

Basses
Ibanez 1506MS
MusicMan 40th anniversary StingRay
Warwick Corvette $$

I couldn’t figure out how to add the other track on the chord and solo track when I do I’ll revise this one. lol. Trying the one take and leave the misses as a reminder, lol.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/zumyYzAfQ-s

18 Likes

Smooth man… Very, very nice Al! Nice mellow tone. Loved it.

2 Likes

Thanks @JerryP

2 Likes

Great job, @Ant

1 Like

Thanks Jerry

1 Like

Thanks John

1 Like

So many covers! Thank you very much for the kind words, @JerryP @John_E @Al1885 @dlamson13 @Barney!

Hey @robbp long time no hear. Great to see you back.

It’s good to be back! I had to step away for a couple of weeks because of… life? :laughing: But hopefully now I’m back for good. I missed making covers! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter how many strings you got, you always keep things super smooth @Al1885, loved it! I bet if you handed me that bass with the slanted frets and hundred strings, I’d struggle to play “7 Nation Army” on it, but I like the way you play it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds fantastic @Al1885 - lovingthe Warwick tone the best, something just stands out to me with it over the other two.
Playing is superb man!

2 Likes

Totally agree. In person that’s just an impressive pickup arrangement. I learned that Sonny T put extra light strings on his Warwick I put Roto extra lite set on my $$ Masterbuilt and it sounds so awesome. It took a while for the tuning to settle down but man light strings are fun fun fun.

1 Like

Thanks @dlamson13. It’s actually an easier bass to play than 5 strings because you play with a totally different mindset. I hardly think about the note on 5 string that’s why I missed it all the time, on the 6 string, I pay the proper respect and catch myself all the time and i hardly miss the notes.

Usually the fan fret is great but it turns out when you do chords it’s much easier on the regular fret. Playing notes, no problem just chords.

2 Likes

Hi folks.

This is cover number 143. So few more and 150 is done. Hope you enjoy.

Uniklubi - Rakkautta ja piikkilankaa cover & chords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQqoGCUci_k

8 Likes

Awesome playing man @Ek_Bass that warwick is tight! very clean low end. Is that the standard Corvette?

1 Like

Yeah. German made 5 stringer from 2003.
I still have the original bag for it. With a product tag, lock and keys with it.

1 Like

Great job @dlamson13 ! You nailed it and your bass sounds great!

2 Likes