Post your covers! (2024)

Ah, the black hole of pick widths!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Bro I have so many picks it’s ridiculous. I’ve bought and tried out so many gauges and styles over the years it’s unreal haha :joy:

2 Likes

1.0mm Ultex uber alles! :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wink:

3 Likes

Just gonna leave this here… :wink: lol

3 Likes
4 Likes

:flushed:……………:man_facepalming:………………:rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

In Germany, this seems to be the sh#t (as in: cool!):

Link: https://rombopicks.com/

4 Likes

The classic and mosaic I could get down with, as long as it’s on the thinner side

2 Likes

When I tried to play guitar 30/40 years ago. I used a 0.71 plectrum. I’ve never actually used one a bass… I guess tomorrow a new adventure starts, at least, until my blistered finger recovers :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah the Rombos have a huge following. There’s another place doing something similar too (I forget the name).

I still prefer good old Dunlop Tortex and Ultex myself.

4 Likes

I’m telling you the Tortex .73 on bass is the bomb. Easy to gallop on the strings yet stiff enough to dig in too. Duff’s Mackagan’s choice! Mike from Green Day too! Now mine as well, although I do fancy a .88 at times just to change it up.

4 Likes

Tortex guy here, all the way! I like the sharps quite a bit, although I got curious about The Wedge variation so I have a pack coming tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yeah, I prefer Ultex for a lot of stuff but Tortex is great too. 0.88-1.10 for me.

3 Likes

I love the Tortex .60 but I go through them too quickly.

4 Likes

The flows are cool I have some .88 in those. Yea the .60 will definitely wear quick!

2 Likes

John Mayer - New Light

This is a pretty straightforward bass line, but the tab I found had a bunch of octaves thrown in that weren’t in the original. I went ahead and recorded that version, but I had to put in a bunch of practice to get them right while keeping everything muted properly. So it’s a simple song, but I learned a bunch doing it.

Side note: I took my 14yo to see Dead and Company for her first concert this summer. JM is no joke! Was my first time hearing him play live.

9 Likes

I liked that!

3 Likes

I got a couple covers done today. I realized this week that I need to learn some more songs that aren’t pop punk. It must be one of my favorite genres. It was a bit of a struggle today as I’ve been trying out new picks. Anyway, here they are.

Blink 182 - Anthem

Blink 182 - Anthem Pt. 2

12 Likes