Post your covers! (2024)

Ok for real here’s a fresh cover I just did and posted on YT. Hope you enjoy my cover of Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn https://youtu.be/4kIgIVi8pRY?si=51RYYJH-bWhaOfv-

7 Likes

That’s pretty cool with those strings!!

The Witch, that’s a great song!!

Another great album! For me that was the lead up to my finals and then looking for a job - “I’m a Sun King baby…”. And who can forget the beautiful Edie (Ciao Baby). Such a great song!

Tomorrow the plectrum will be taken from the draw. No blister is gonna stop me!

4 Likes

Thanks man! I have pink neon ones on it now. They look better to me than the green, but I was going after a twisted sister vibe haha :joy: a little tribute to Eddie Ojeda! As far as picks go, I find the Tortex .73 or .88 work great for bass, for me personally. I like the sharp tips too. They help me to be more accurate with playing.

2 Likes

Ah, the black hole of pick widths!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Bro I have so many picks it’s ridiculous. I’ve bought and tried out so many gauges and styles over the years it’s unreal haha :joy:

2 Likes

1.0mm Ultex uber alles! :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wink:

3 Likes

Just gonna leave this here… :wink: lol

3 Likes
4 Likes

:flushed:……………:man_facepalming:………………:rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

In Germany, this seems to be the sh#t (as in: cool!):

Link: https://rombopicks.com/

4 Likes

The classic and mosaic I could get down with, as long as it’s on the thinner side

2 Likes

When I tried to play guitar 30/40 years ago. I used a 0.71 plectrum. I’ve never actually used one a bass… I guess tomorrow a new adventure starts, at least, until my blistered finger recovers :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah the Rombos have a huge following. There’s another place doing something similar too (I forget the name).

I still prefer good old Dunlop Tortex and Ultex myself.

4 Likes

I’m telling you the Tortex .73 on bass is the bomb. Easy to gallop on the strings yet stiff enough to dig in too. Duff’s Mackagan’s choice! Mike from Green Day too! Now mine as well, although I do fancy a .88 at times just to change it up.

4 Likes

Tortex guy here, all the way! I like the sharps quite a bit, although I got curious about The Wedge variation so I have a pack coming tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yeah, I prefer Ultex for a lot of stuff but Tortex is great too. 0.88-1.10 for me.

3 Likes

I love the Tortex .60 but I go through them too quickly.

4 Likes

The flows are cool I have some .88 in those. Yea the .60 will definitely wear quick!

2 Likes