Post your covers! (2024)

Very well done Ant!

2 Likes

Maybe these tabs are better to find out what is going on?

1 Like

Nice job on the two-fer Friday!
Both well done.
I am excited to hear you all set up with your DAI.

Most Prolific Coverer Prize

3 Likes

Really like the bassline on this song I’ve never heard before.
Well done.

3 Likes

Love this tune!
I still remember going to see this movie with my grandmother (who went to another movie in the theater, lol).
Cartoon hotness was a wonderful thing at 14.

Really nice job here.
You fit right in the mix.
Sounded damn perfect to me.

3 Likes

Thanks John_E!! I appreciate that a lot my friend! I tried to reply but it tagged a totally different person!? :grimacing::man_shrugging: Anyway, I think I’ll have time to do another today. Woot woot :rofl:

2 Likes

This sounded great! Not over processed at all. Nice job, been enjoying all your covers, keep em coming :metal:

Aint that the truth. Those types of losses have a way of putting things into perspective.

4 Likes

Nice @Ant! That one kept sounding better the louder I cranked it

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind comments!!

Another is on its way :wink:

2 Likes

Probably my last cover for a little while, for reasons I’ll explain below…

This is a cover of The Cult’s fantastic Lil’ Devil, from the 1987 Electric album. Electric was the album of my second year at university. At the time I played, badly, the guitar, but could only afford a crappy acoustic. That didn’t stop me learning the rhythm parts to every song on the album :metal:

Any way, fast forward (cough) years and I have decided to learn a few of them on the bass. This is the first…

The Cult - Lil’ Devil

Played on a Spector Legend 4, straight into the Scarlett Solo, then on into GarageBand. I doubled the bass track again and put a little crunch on them, plus pulled them forward in the mix.

I mentioned that this might be the last for a while… This Spector was sold today - de-gassing :rofl: - so I decided to play it hard this morning, a final goodbye…and ended up giving myself a blister on one of my plucking fingers!! So now I’m going to have to explore the plectrum - I haven’t held one of those in anger for 30 years! :rofl:

11 Likes

I’ve always been a pick guy. I can play with my fingers, but I was originally a guitarist and I usually go for the hard rock, which to me screams pick use haha :joy:, for me anyways. It’s kind of engrained to use a pick for me I guess. I’m more comfortable with it so I just use it all the time. I love The Cult and even did a cover of She Sells Sanctuary. I’ll post it so we can keep the cult alive! Great job on your cover!

6 Likes

oops! :joy:

good cover though :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy my cover of The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary (with Blacklight and neon strings) :facepunch::sunglasses: https://youtu.be/yZ_VjBQQHRw?si=u_wgmhDbR_HfJkPG

12 Likes

Cool covers & great musical taste, if I may say so! Thank you for the discovery of “Neurotic Outsiders” - didn’t know them.

“The Cult” always reminds me of spaghetti … an Italian friend of mine always cooked spaghetti, while listening to the 2nd album of The Cult (ignoring “Death Cult”), “Love”.
I really can’t remember why this album went great with spaghetti!?
Anayway, since 1985, I cannot eat spaghetti without humming “She Sells Sanctuary”.

Fast forward to 1992: they made a great track called “Witch”, which (witch?) is on my daily playlist. After playing basically the same song all the time in the 80s they finally evolved…

7 Likes

Two great covers this morning! Nice job @sunDOG and @TheMadBassist !

3 Likes

Thanks buddy!

2 Likes

Seconded!

For me, it was Sonic Temple in my high school days that got me into The Cult. (LOL, that sounds odd when you say it like that…) Great cover!

The hardest thing about learning bass for me, being a former guitar player, was forcing myself to stumble my way through learning fingerstyle. It was awkward, I had to think about every little thing I was doing, I’m slow, etc. And knowing that if I just used the pick it would all just feel familiar. And sometimes I did do that, when my right hand suckage was holding my left hand back too much.

You’re right though, pick sounds really good in many genres! Great cover! And love those strings!

4 Likes

Thanks @John_E ! I immediately fell in love with this song when I heard it, which actually was in an episode of South Park called Major Boobage. Kenny gets super high on cat urine and starts tripping really hard and he goes into this cartoon boob land where everything is made of boobs and he’s driving around space in a flying car with that song playing :rofl:

@chris_van_hoven those tabs are basically the same as the others I’ve seen. The bass line gets a little muddled during the chorus, even the isolated track is pretty quiet. Might look for a live version to see if I can see how it’s REALLY played.

3 Likes

Nice Playing. That sounds sweet. I like the guitar hero style video; it makes it easier to follow along too.

3 Likes

Yes sir pick for me all the way!! Thanks so much!

2 Likes