Post your covers! (2024)

Love that song and very well done Jerry! I gotta add that to my list of songs to cover. :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome job! I love this song too! I post a cover of this as well. :slight_smile: But when I get half way through the song my anxiety kills me and my hands get tired. :open_mouth:
Keep up the good job!

1 Like

Thank you Scott! It’s been a favorite of mine for many, many years.

Thank you for the kind words @komikino !

Great job on this @JerryP ! Smooth!

1 Like

Oh man, KBILLY supersounds of the smooooove 70s! That was awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks fennario!

Awesome @JerryP perfect tone in the mix. It’s such an iconic song that I heard 100 times. I just didn’t know that it’s called green onion, :joy:

Love the thumbnail.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! That’s awesome @fennario That tone is pretty cool man. Love the playing although you look so tense, lol. Oh! I got it Crazy!!:crazy_face: Nice!! Fantastic Thumbnail too.

2 Likes

Thank you Al! Much appreciated. :grinning:

Thumbnail game being lifted across the board! Love to see it!

I’ve been using Canva to create mine, how about you guys? @fennario @JerryP

1 Like

@terb

Got some better photos to illustrate what I was talking about yesterday. Seems the mic is a bit further away from the cloth than i thought. Also I’d say the angle to ground is less than 45 degrees. This is what I’ve been using for the past several covers.

The flash somewhat helps see the ring of the speaker and the capsule in the mic in this next photo.

…and one more from an angle.

Seems I need to do some dusting… :scream_cat:

5 Likes

Thanks @cheeze_pizza , that’s interesting. When I mic an amp, I use a Sennheiser e906 and I move it in front on the speaker until it sounds balanced and kinda realistic when recorded … it’s an empirical science somewhat :sweat_smile: I might try with the SVT

2 Likes

Here’s my mid-week offering…

Goin’ Down by Melanie C.

Easily, the most talented of the former Spice Girls, Melanie C. rocks hard in this fantastic song which is off her first solo album.

Perhaps my favourite female vocalist, her work is well worth a listen, and will
likely become a reoccurring cover theme for me!

Dingwall Combustion into GarageBand via the Ampero One for a bit of overdrive.

11 Likes

Yeah man, digging your thumbnails. Nice design! I liked the vibe of the designs on that Mayer Hawthorne song. Or was it three songs? Hard to tell. :crazy_face:

I was just chatting with @TheMadBassist about thumbnails. My process goes through a few steps, and is very iterative.

I start with AI. I’ve fine-tuned an AI model on pictures of myself, so now I can generate pics of myself in all kinds of different attire and situations. I have a general idea of what I want, sketch that out or use a reference pic, and then feed it through Stable Diffusion. I’ll iterate on that, sometimes feeding an output I like back through as an input, until I get pretty close. Then I’ll fire up Photoshop and manually fix any details that AI couldn’t quite get right, add text, etc.

This past cover of Crazy, I was going for an homage to the album cover:

I dunno, I get a kick out of it. Scratches a creative itch.

7 Likes

That’s fantastic information! I really like the finished product. I believe a good amount of that is beyond my technical capabilities with graphical design, but I might have to investigate it anyways!

4 Likes

Nothing special with mine. I get an image that I like from the interweb and add the text using an app called FastStone Image viewer.

3 Likes

That’s more my speed :laughing:

2 Likes

Great job, sunDOG!

After hearing this, I’m going to check her out.
Thanks.

1 Like

Mercyful Fate - Curse of the Pharaohs (1983) bass cover

10 Likes