Post your covers! (2024)

That was fun Laurent! Nice playing.

1 Like

Nice arrangement and playing sunDOG!

1 Like

Well done @sunDOG
It sounds even better than the track with drums. Very dramatic. Your video production is fantastic.

2 Likes

Good job @Diego317. great intensity.

2 Likes

@terb Love it man. Love the walking baselines. this one can be tricky too because of the open string. great tone.

2 Likes

Good job @ChrisoBass the triplets can be really tricky. that’s a solid cover.

2 Likes

@Justin3 fantastic man! that’s a tough song. Lots of notes, :joy:

2 Likes

Awesome @beaurapp
Clearly bass is in control of the band. that’s awesome.

2 Likes

Great job. Really well done. That was fun to listen to. Your tone sounded perfect in that mix. If that came out of the TV, I’d think it was the legitimate theme song. Rock on.

1 Like

Hell yeah. Another great cover. Good playing, brutha. That sounds really good. Well done.

2 Likes

You’re the consummate showman, @sunDOG. As always well played and top shelf visually. You guys are putting out quality covers through and through. Music to my ears and a show for my eyes. Keep crushin’ it.

2 Likes

Coldplay - Yellow

I recently joined a band and this is the first song they wanted me to perform.
Just 8th notes over and over. The only variation is in the Chorus with a simple melodic bassline.

Let me know what you think

7 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

Nice work on this. Her debut album reminds me of a very particular time in my life (leaving the military and starting a career in the ski industry) so when this popped up on my Ipod playlist it made me smile. You’re right. The most talented of the bunch.

1 Like

Tight @JerryP :ok_hand:

1 Like

Another fantastic example of her work, @Barney!

My daughter and I shot a video yesterday for a cover of one of her songs. I need to re-record the bass line as I’m not happy with the tone, but I’ll be punting that one out in a week or two. I’ve also got 3 or 4 others, I want to have a go at, likely including I Turn To You :metal:

Barney, this video is unavailable to me.

@sunDOG something that I really didn’t expect when I created the original “Post your covers” thread 5 years ago, is that the production value of some video contributions would be so high. That’s quite impressing really.

7 Likes

There are some great videos and covers on this thread, @terb! I think we’re all pushing each other…!

I really liked the tangent a couple days ago about the video thumbnails! It’s fantastic that people are thinking about everything!

I can’t remember who it was, but one of our crew was creating videos of himself playing both drums and bass! Just amazing!! Yet, there is still space for the simple, someone sitting (or standing) there, playing the bass. I think the other thing that is cool, is the support the community gives each other. I don’t see any competitive BS, just people having fun, encouraging each other and, hopefully, all of us improving in the art, step by step, day by day!

Bass sisters, bass brothers, I salute you! :metal:

7 Likes

you think about @Paul_9207 probably

Not at all, this thread is in fact the exact opposite of competition, I think

7 Likes