Post your original songs/compositions!

Thank you!!

2 Likes

First song I’ve recorded after deciding to learn the bass…used my EB3 I’m loving that thing, any way here we go…

6 Likes

Do you pump these out like a machinegun or did you just have the other songs before already on stock?

I can’t keep up! Will listen to it later as I’m occupied with practice intervals with short breaks.

I had 8 or 9 already posted on sound cloud…started recording in March when we got locked down…this one I recorded this weekend…takes about 4-6 hours, any longer than that I give it a miss and come back the next week end…lack of patience sucks the fun right out of it. I really wanted the lead track to played on a tele but four passes and I was making horrible note choices, swapped to the V recorded it straight through mistakes and all. Vocals took one pass, rhythm guitar was two passes. Got the whole bass track done in two or three passes…easy day.

2 Likes

huh. I’m still working on my song I started to compose weeks ago.
I have a certain vision and won’t be satisfied until it’s met. Although I go for the iterative approach with feedback.
It is frustrating from time to time but I just keep going back to it. Once I start working on it I can barely stop. “Oh… birds? Sun? Maybe I should go to sleep”

2 Likes

I have a dive bar mentality…pack in, play, pack out. When I write or record it is grip and rip then on to something new. Get some sleep

3 Likes

Nice work! I love the sound of that bass!

3 Likes

Thank you definitely $100 well spent

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nice job @Tokyo_Rat
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thank you…classes start back up tomorrow so my recording time is going to be real limited for the next 10 weeks or so

1 Like

thanks Brian, I’m gonna hate the limits on my time but it’ll be good to get this program out of the way I’ve got a butt load of tunes I want to have time to record, of course like most everyone else music is a hobby not a profession

1 Like

I’m hearing ya, I’m time poor for practice as well.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Here is my latest tune. Started adding some midi keys to my bass riffs- and then recently found a used microKORG for a really good price since it had a few dead keys. (But i was able to find a company on ebay that sells replacement key modules). This little beast is a blast to mess around with- it has an amazing variety of sounds and you can also create your own.

I don’t play keys…
hell I barely play bass, but i am able to now write a bass riff and then match the simple notes to the synth. (Or in this case, vice versa: wrote the key parts first, then matched bass) Added a $10 online guitarist to add guitar track, and the demo is done.

With my last few originals I seem to be moving towards a weird hybrid: New Wave Retro Space Rock.

11 Likes

sounds good ! I love the microKorg, I wanted to buy one for myself … might get one someday !

3 Likes

I thought it was awesome…I get this 80s movies or arcade feel from it…made my morning

4 Likes

Very nice @lee_editorial,
Has overtones of “Hawkwind” at the Start then transitions into something a little like “The Cure” for the rest.:+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

For me it’s a game like this:
Link to the actual gif - I hoped gif upload would work.

Awesome work @lee_editorial! Enjoyed it very much.

4 Likes

Hi @juli0r,
It works, is there supposed to be sound or are you thinking the music piece fits the game?
Cheers Brian

1 Like

No sound.
Yes. I automatically got pictures of so called vertically scrolling shooters in my head and think it fits the genre very nicely.

In a game setting the middle part would’ve been looped more so it stretches for a full level or something but apart from that… Yes, I think the genre would fit perfectly in such a game. Or maybe even the other way around: I heard this genre in that kind of game.

2 Likes