Post your original songs/compositions!

killer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used the stickers bass…got a friend back home with a couple of roscoes and he’s going on and on about the tone…told him it was a plywood body and 2 $10 pickups and now I think he blocked me FB…LOL

5 Likes

Ha! Awesome.

3 Likes

Loved the deep and sleepy sound @Tokyo_Rat.
Great recording👍
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Thanks Brian, this one even had the wife humming the groove…and she never likes anything I record…LOL

2 Likes

that’s great @Tokyo_Rat , reminds me of The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. I’ve been a big fan of JSBX.

and I like plywood basses :star_struck:

4 Likes

I have to admit I’m quickly becoming a fan of this one…LOL…Glad the tune reminds you of somebody, anybody…the rhythm part went from this jangly funk chord riffing to a single note line I hit working out the solo…definitely gives it a lot more space

4 Likes

Here is a tune we recorded with my old band in 2003 before our singer passed away. This was never mastered but I thought I would share it with you since Labor day was the anniversary of the recording. This was the first time I ever played bass literally in the studio our bassist quit and then waited 17 years to play the bass again lol
https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/12/the-next-day-dryline/

6 Likes

Here is another one of our original songs left un-mastered from our 2003 demo. We chose to leave these songs un-mastered because they were the last recordings of our singer Sean Newman before he passed away.
https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/12/chapter-3-dryline/

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

That’s fantastic! Both of them are great.

3 Likes

@howard Thank you!

4 Likes

Seriously, really tight and well mixed for unmastered demos, and you guys were clearly great together. Especially considering you had literally just picked up the bass, lol.

4 Likes

@howard We literally started playing in a band when we were Ten years old and Sean passed when he was 27 so we had grown musically over those years. The bass lines literally were root notes mainly on those songs. I remember playing with a pick and was concerned about attacking the strings to hard lol

5 Likes

Well played! Not my type of music, but nicely done!

And… apparently it is easy to replace a bass player :crazy_face:

#jobsecurity

4 Likes

Hi Lester, both really great songs, :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice work both songs were awesome…good to see you back on the thick strings again

4 Likes

excellent songs @LesterH ! very A Perfect Circle -ish

3 Likes

Good stuff, I was listening thru my headphones and have my bass plugged in, I was jamming along with it. awesome stuff, you guys had a good gig going til you got inducted into the 27 club. Sorry about that man.

3 Likes

@joergkutter we could never find bass players lol to be honest it is why I am playing bass now to become more employable in the music industry

4 Likes

@Tokyo_Rat thank you

2 Likes