Post your original songs/compositions!

Helicon C1 and then in band lab I used 3 of the presets 1 for distortion and two different reverb/delay - set 2 wide… and two narrow

2 Likes

very cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice track! The bass actually reminds me of Cranberries - Zombie, one of the first songs I learned the bassline.

3 Likes

I really appreciate that because it is so different from what usually do I was pretty uncomfortable with posting it…thanks Howard!

1 Like

Cool indeed. The voice is really interesting. I love how you’re constantly producing new tunes. You should have just enough for a pandemic album at this moment, no?

Thank you…I have 22 or 23 since last march…and a few more laying around but this one I wrote this week just to go with that bass line…LOL…I was showing it to @JerryP last week when he came by the office put chords to it penned the lyrics on thursday and friday recorded the the music on after work, went in today and did the vocals and the lead track…kind of funny the recording part gets more simple the more you learn…the mixing part get more laborious the more you learn.

2 Likes

I know.

Recording is like, doop doop de doo, lay down the track. Ok that was fun! Listening to it, that part sucks, do another take, repeat a few times, cut and paste some stuff around, fix up a bit, done.

Then mixing and mastering: agonize for hours. Even with good tools. Maybe especially with good tools. Eventually call it done but then keep hearing maddening things you want to fix.

2 Likes

I’m new to all this recording stuff but I definitely can relate… I guess it’s the same with all the arts. The premise is “simple” but once you dig a little further…

2 Likes

Thanks. It is a very similar progression, but the bass was written to a guitar part that ended up not being in the song, but happened to have that note progression.

1 Like

I was thinking the exact same thing. Very similar to Zombie by The Cranberries, but this sometimes happens when making music. I think it might be the same chord progression.

Sounds great though. Very professional sounding @kerushlow!

1 Like

Here are my latest efforts… still messing around with some basic guitar riffs and then building from there.

6 Likes

Sounds great, right up my alley style-wise, and I absolutely love the cel shading in the videos :slight_smile:

Who’s the drummer?

3 Likes

@howard Thank you sir- I appreciate that. I am slowly gaining some confidence with the 6 string- at least with a handful of power chords. (but it is fun to try things out at different tempos and try to get clean transitions. I do think the amount of time I am spending on guitar has stagnated my bass progress some, but I am having fun and learning a variety of stuff, so that keeps me motivated.

The talented drummer is one of a few youtube guys that I found that post “drums only” versions of covers that are perfect for practicing musicians to utilize. I’ve been messing around with the cartoonish filters stuff on my phone app that I started when posting to my instagram account.

2 Likes

Great pieces @lee_editorial,
Like your production, very cool,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Nice! Has a very 80s chill sound (probably because of the synth). Makes me think Bowie a little bit!

3 Likes

There are a lot of things I liked about this, there are some things I could have done better but I really like this blemishes and all

4 Likes

Really like this! Is this a band or are you doing all the bits?

3 Likes

That’s all me…except the drums…thats an app called loopz…a free app I might add…learned about it from one of the @JoshFossgreen videos

3 Likes

Knocked out a quick video!!

6 Likes

Where do you get content to make a video? I assume you didn’t record this? Fits well. The white text on light background can be hard to read though.

3 Likes