Post your original songs/compositions!

Sweet, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool @Tokyo_Rat ,
A little different from your usual stuff,
very nice,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

probably due to the process, this was the first time I had someone dictate “you have to write a song about this”. I’d much rather come up with something on the guitar or bass and then let the song tell me what to write to fit the music. That being said, I do like this, it turned out better than I thought.

2 Likes

I like everything about this. Love your take on the theme.

3 Likes

Thanks John…I know I’ll probably lose to some acoustic strumming crooner retelling the tenderness of the memory of their experience. Meanwhile, welcome to my world…LOL

3 Likes

That was very cool @Tokyo_Rat. Personally, I think the creative interpretation vs. a cliched obvious interpretation should help you - not hinder you. At any rate, best of luck!

3 Likes

Thank you…I feel the same way about the contest of course I could be accused being biased

2 Likes

Well debuted Splintered for the group competition…heard things like, the idea was to come back and perform it here, told them watch the video. Was told to identify the group involvement, told them the team did quality assurance. In the end, the rest of the folks just gave up. One of my team said as we were leaving, “dude I could hear hearts breaking as soon as you hit play”. Shame I couldn’t have sampled that sound, I’d have found a place for it in the recording. I told them up front I don’t think music should be a competition, but they kept on…now we got hurt feelings and they’ve cancelled the get together to award the trophy…LOL.

3 Likes

That was great Larry! Competition or not, that was a fine piece of work, both audio and visual!
Great job!

2 Likes

Thank a lot Jerry, I had fun with this…kinda surprised how it came out considering the topic but goes to show we can step out of our comfort zone given some motivation

2 Likes

My first song of 2022…I wanted to write some ambiguous enough that you had to wonder who the victim was…still working on the video.

3 Likes

Nice @Tokyo_Rat Larry! So who is the real victim?
Happy New Year!
:+1:

1 Like

I always thought the guy was a victim, but I tried to be vague enough to let people wonder…all four of the people that will listen to it…LOL

1 Like
3 Likes

Back from when I thought I was a drummer. 2009 I think. Playing my wife’s guitar and her bass, just enough to have something to play along to. Haven’t tried to write a song since. I’ve always been pretty happy with how this turned out though.

5 Likes

I like it - a lot.
Get some lyrics and a singer to put something over it.
I feel like its asking to be finished.

3 Likes

thank you! I have been thinking the same thing for a long time. Needs to be finished.

2 Likes

That’s really good. Very post-punk kind of vibe. I like it a lot.

3 Likes

Should have Robert Smith singing the vocals and adding a bit of lead guitar @Paul_9207 :+1:
Very cool,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

that would be the coolest. and thank you!

3 Likes