Post your original songs/compositions!

My office band just released our first single! It was a “just for fun” project we started mid-pandemic. We have other songs in the works.

The lyrics\singing is in portuguese :grimacing:. It’s a about a software developer struggling with a friday production deploy vs going to the bar next to the office where his colleagues are waiting for him for a couple of beers

3 Likes

That sounds fantastic @gcancella
I’m trying to do the same at my office but we are still short a singer ans a drummer. We have bass keys guitar sax and clarinet?!?! Hahah

2 Likes

We lost our drummer along the way 2 weeks before playing live (his remote work was too remote). We did a 7 song set without a drummer. It went surprinsingly well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Now with the soundcloud embed

3 Likes

That is a very nice composition. I enjoyed the melody and the bass line. Could you translate the title in English, please?

1 Like

Thank you @JerryP !

Idiomatically it’s something like “Dilemmas, I don’t care”. The literal translation is “Dilemmas, I don’t want to know”

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Very melodic piece of original Music @gcancella ,
Loved the bass line you laid down, the whole thing is easy to listen to and flows really well.
Cheers Brian :sunglasses:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hello!! Missed me? :stuck_out_tongue:
A new song with from my new band! thanks for all! <3

6 Likes

Awesome stuff @Gabriel1
Really loving what your doing.
This one is great.
Reminds me of a mix of My Life With Thrill Kill Kult and some Primus and a does of jazz thrown in a blender.

5 Likes

Great musical piece @Gabriel1 ,
enjoyable to listen to,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

thank you it means a lot!

3 Likes

Wow I really like this :slight_smile:

The bass-heavy nature along with the samples really reminds me of Jack Dangers’ works in certain ways. Something like:

Always loved MBM, and your stuff reminds me of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i never heard it wow! thanks for this info!!

3 Likes

Hello! This is my first composition, first draft. I just picked the first chord progression on YouTube that wasn’t 1-4-5. Welcome any feedback, and excuse the poor audio quality, it was recorded on a phone. Thanks!

Hey @Tokyo_Rat
I was recently listening to some David Lynch albums and was feeling some similarities in your original songs and his work. The vibe, the images, the vocals.

Have you heard his stuff and was it something that helped inspire you or is this not a connection?

A couple of examples…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4AFDuUnzAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--0piZtfbFU

1 Like

never listened to him but I will now…thank you!!!

1 Like
4 Likes