Post your original songs/compositions!

Nice song @Tokyo_Rat Larry! I enjoyed listening to it.

1 Like

I like this one! It does seems a little more traditional rock than you usually do, though?

Some of your other ones had a really cool Tom Waits-like thing going, while this one is cool in a more rock way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good stuff!!!

2 Likes

The folks at work and in the band were giving me feedback about dark lyrics. “the music is telling me field of flowers and the words are watering flowers with blood from the glass in my shoes”…so I thought I’d show I could do something different.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

But we like this part….

2 Likes

hahaha…me too

1 Like

Thanks Jerry, a little something different

1 Like

Nice original song @Tokyo_Rat ,
fits in with your usual genre, smooth and easy to listen to,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

+1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Brian, I was thinking back to when i was a teenager playing in bands, platform boots, hair to my beltloops, silks, satins, flash pods going off, I thought the world revolved around my Les Paul and a 100 watt stack…45 yrs later I’m the easy listening section…i really liked this groove

2 Likes
4 Likes

Alright @Tokyo_Rat
I have always dig your tunes. But the last two…something really really fantastic.
I’d buy your album in a heartbeat.
Really like your baseline here.
I think it makes the tune and I like how up front and present it is as part of the song and not just serving the tune.

Keep ‘em coming!!

3 Likes

Like this a lot, back to a more Tom Waits vocal style :slight_smile:

2 Likes

John thats high praise…thank you for that. I think I still approach the bass more like a guitarist than a bassist but I like how this works the song. Nuthin fancy though, I’m not up to fancy yet…LOL

1 Like

Thanks Howard, this works for me…but man, I wish I could sing.

1 Like

Me too! I mean I wish I could sing, your vocal style is working fine. Mine’s just embarrassing and only passable after… a lot of help.

2 Likes

my check and balance is, “does this sound like karaoke?” if it is approaching that I regroup. I don’t set the bar very high.

2 Likes

That’s literally a reason I sold a mic. “Can’t get past Karaoke with this.” :rofl:

2 Likes

Another great song Larry! Very enjoyable.
:+1:

1 Like