Post your original songs/compositions!

I’ve not been on the forum for a while - too many silly life events etc, you know how it is.

Anyway, we did another gig the another day and it was great fun. This is one of our new songs that we managed to get recorded -

Holding On To Space

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry…come see us!!!

1 Like

I wish I could, too much work on this side of the world right now.

1 Like

The Jury is still out on this one, the lyrics cam quick so I wanted to do something with it.

2 Likes

This song reminds me of Tedeschi Trucks, they could/would cover it in a heartbeat.

I dig it.

2 Likes

Thank you John…I cleaned it a bit, and here’s the video

1 Like

It has been a long while since I posted anything but it has been busy. I wanted to share the official release of my bands last EP. We recorded it originally at Nothing but Noise in Fairfax VA in 2003 then our singer passed away before we could master it and record the rest of the tracks. It is ironically the first time I ever played bass since our bassist quit the day before the studio. The drummer and myself took it upon ourselves to master the album (sort of) and actually release it in memory of our singer. Feel free to give it a listen on Apple music, Spotify, youtube or any other streaming platform. The Line up was
Sean Newman Vocals rhythm guitar
Lester Harper Lead Guitar, backing vocals, and bass
Tim Knight Drums
Apple Music Dryline 7th Song
Spotify Dryline 7th Song
Youtube Dryline 7th Song

3 Likes

Very 80s…if I was a DJ I’d follow it up with Modern English or Simple Minds

8 Likes

Your music is great.
I love that your found your own unique voice across all the instruments (including your voice).
That is huge in anyone’s journey.

3 Likes

Thanks John, thats the nicest thing I’ve heard in a while. I just wish I had the tools and the time to recreate musically whats in my head.

2 Likes

Well you are one step ahead of me, I can’t seem to form things in my head, let alone get them out!

3 Likes

I love it. It’s got kind of a Lou Reed meets Simple Minds vibe.

3 Likes

Hahaha…me too! I tried singing through this but got frustrated with my attempts and here we are

1 Like

For me its bad poetry over cool sounding chords and a drum loop…and away we go

1 Like

Another great song @Tokyo_Rat Larry! I enjoyed the music and the video.
:+1:

1 Like

thanks Jerry…you need to come here…everybody and their brother needs an IDS…LOL

1 Like

I do need to return, but unfortunately Japan is not in the near future.

1 Like

It’s me playing the bass in this song. Actually not only do I play the bass in all the songs on the album, I’ve also written some of the basslines. But that’ll have to wait, because for now this is the only song released.

8 Likes

I really like this and I have a new flanger…LOL

3 Likes

I really like this, so clean. Great mix too!

1 Like