Post your original songs/compositions!

Nicely done Larry!

1 Like

Thanks Jerry, I really liked this song…one of my favorites

1 Like

Really like this one, your vocals work well here.

2 Likes

Thank John, there were a couple of lines lyrically that I really liked…its one of favorites…until I write another one

1 Like

Needed an excuse to use my new pedal…here it is

6 Likes

Can’t claim to have the stunning visuals that @Tokyo_Rat is providing, but here is a little tune I put together as a way to learn Toontrack plug-ins and just have fun with exploring grooves and sounds.

This one is kept deliberately “simple”, not least in order to actually get it done (and not have it end up in my ever growing pile of ideas that go nowhere :smile:)

Comping keys: done using EZKeys 3 (Wurlitzer e-piano)
Drums: done using EZDrummer 3 (Yamaha hybrid maple kit and Paiste cymbals)
Bass: played on the Roks Nardis
Synth: played on a little MIDI keyboard using the Alchemy synth in Logic

I guess the synth part could be vocals (if I could sing) and an extended version should have a little solo section (maybe get a Fiverr dude to play a guitar solo!?!?)

Anyway, super fun to play around with these tools!

10 Likes

this is what I’d sound like if I could write and play…that was awesome

2 Likes

Thanks, man! Those Toontrack plugins carry a long way in providing a solid foundation - very impressive software!

2 Likes

Very nice! Excellent work with the keys.

2 Likes

Another nice song @Tokyo_Rat Larry! Are any of these ladies in the video friends of yours? :smile:

Very mellow @joergkutter Joerg! Really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Nice friends :wink:

Thank you, Jerry - it’s my outlet (covers for sure aren’t :grin:).

2 Likes

I can understand that. I enjoy the covers we do as music production training but tbh playing other peoples basslines is not my favorite thing. I like it in that it brings interesting perspective to their work as a learning experience but it’s not the biggest creative outlet for me.

3 Likes

Yep, I just find myself being much more enthusiastic about original music than covers. I do realize, however, that I ought to do some covers for learning how others compose bass lines etc., but as long as I have other fun outlets, I am not likely to dive more into covers.

3 Likes

only the pretty ones…LOL

2 Likes

I’m not good enough, fast enough, or patient enough to do covers…making it up as I go along, thats my speed

4 Likes

Peter Hook once made a similar comment, along the lines of “I can’t play those blokes’ basslines. But they can’t play mine either!”

4 Likes

Very cool composition and playing, @joergkutter! Great work.

2 Likes

Thanks, Mike! I’ll aspire to improve from here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

really liking what you are doing more and more man!
one better than the next.
This is one of my faves for sure @tokyo_Rat

2 Likes

Sounds great @joergkutter, love the bass tone a lot!

2 Likes