Post your original songs/compositions!

Thank you, @John_E - I am almost 100% certain you are humming (externally or internally) lots of bass lines, song melodies and sax riffs; if not all the time, then very often.

The process of getting all that stuff out through an instrument is much more tricky, but this is probably also where this Hal Galper “lesson” (video in another thread) is aiming at. If you can’t hear it, you certainly can’t get it out :smile:

2 Likes

Totally, just other people’s, lol.
The one time I started huming something original was a bassline that seemed to be inspied by some Morphine music - I immediately recorded it on my phone. It was amazing, fantastic, so cool - then I played it back later, was meh.

My issue is breaking out of existing music and letting go.
Maybe I need to hit the dispensary more often.

2 Likes

Hah :grin:

Composing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, I guess. I mean a lot of y’all put amazing efforts into covers, including entire albums!

Most music I potentially wanted to cover, I can’t cover (no way), and so composing my own stuff is baby steps towards those more difficult pieces, like a fusion light or progressive pop, or whatever label we want to give it.

I think learning these covers gives you guys a lot of lines and riffs under your fingers that really come in handy one day… when you suddenly find yourselves in a situation where you need to come up with your own bass lines :wink:

2 Likes

Nope, i was shooting for a bowie vibe, and feel good with it…lol

3 Likes

Recently took up surfing seemed fitting to have beach in the video

7 Likes

Nice work Larry! I liked the mix and the video.

3 Likes

Thanx Jerry, working on a new one now, but really surprised how this was rcvd…over 500 views on youtube in three days…may not be a lot for some folks but for a guy recording these things over a weekend in his office its a lot.

4 Likes

Definitely got the Bowie-ness in your tune. Good job! :+1:

4 Likes

I watched it 498 times - that girl is really handling that board very well :wink:
:joy:

6 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks Mike

1 Like

So you’re the one… :rofl:

3 Likes
6 Likes

I really really like this one man!
Great job @Tokyo_Rat !!

2 Likes

Ok, really really like this one too.
You’re onto something with your style 1000%!

2 Likes

Outstanding work Larry! I really enjoyed this.

1 Like

Very enjoyable dude! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks John…this all started with a bass pod and I hit the setting with delay on it…LOL it never occurred to me to use delay on a bass.

1 Like

Thank Jerry…I’ll be in there this weekend looking for something new but the same

1 Like

Thank you CP

2 Likes