Post your original songs/compositions!

Bolsheviks of Madrid is collaboration with Bret Hamilton and myself. Save Room for Dessert is on our debut album, “Resurfaced”. The cover art is by Todd Alcott.

4 Likes

Bolsheviks of Madrid’s second album, Shopping Mall, just came out on YouTube this morning.
I play bass on many of the tracks (as well as other instruments.) Bolsheviks of Madrid is a collaboration with Bret Hamilton and myself. The cover art is by Todd Alcott.
Here is a YouTube link to the album:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kH_moFVN47lxdnYtIpyJRYyabISrTYFOA

(I’ll post a Spotify link as soon as it is available.)

5 Likes

Here is the Spotify link to
Bolsheviks of Madrid
Shopping Mall

1 Like

The Bolsheviks of Madrid is collaboration with Bret Hamilton and myself.
Shiny Car at Midnight is a track from our album Shopping Mall. This is one of the tracks I that I played bass on. The cover art is by Todd Alcott.
Bret made this video.

6 Likes

I was tidying my YT channel and found this “gem” of the past. The very first track I have done. FL Studio was still Fruity Loops Studio and it was complicated and confusing :smiley: , Nonetheless, my first finished track if anyone would like to check it out.

Have a good one.

6 Likes

How far back are we talking here? Did you make the sunset scene using Bryce for Mac by any chance?? :wink:

Hey, it was uploaded 12 years ago. And the image is done with some old Maya I think. But I definitely get why you recalled Bryce while looking at it. :smiley:

1 Like

this is sooo slick…loved it!

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

Just now getting to listen to it and I agree. Really nice use of reverb there. Sounds like there’s a phaser in there too? Well done on the effects and mixing.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I appreciate you noticing the mixing and mastering on this. We were going for something that sounded like driving on wet streets at night.

1 Like

You pulled it off well, that was a nice and definitely wet effect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@howard, yes.
I used a phaser and reverb, along with a little EQ when I mastered this track.

2 Likes

Testimony is another track from the Bolsheviks of Madrid album, Shopping Mall.
It is the only track on the album that I sing the lead vocals (Bret Hamilton does the background vocals on this track.)
Spotify:

YouTube:

4 Likes

Another weekend and “therapeutic music session” is thing of the past. Idea of two basses playing with and off each other always sounded neat, but rarely I actually come close to make it work even in the slightest. But it actually works in couple places here, at least for me … . Bass here is combination of Sire M2 through Zoom multi-effect and Korg OpSix through Tsar1 VST Reverb. Glued together by Art SCL compressor.

Have a great week, ladies and gentlemen.

5 Likes

I really like how this piece flows.
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I like this a lot @wellbi !!!

The only thing I would say is the low end is so ominous yet the higher ‘melody’ is a bit playful.
I guess my dark side wants something more hard edged sounding as the ‘melody’, but this works well too.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I think I know what you mean. It’s missing a lot of the orchestral track. (the clarinet part is really “but this works well too” … ) But I am so, so bad at transcribing what I hear in my head into actual orchestration. You can’t do it without dynamic changes in techniques (When writing violins, horns, windpipes, etc.) and it’s so tedious in software. … But I saved this project instead of the usual discarding it, and frankly in a couple of places even after a good night’s sleep, I am bobbing my head to the rhythm, so one day I will probably realize those French horns, Violas, and Oboes that it’s missing.

Thank you, John.

2 Likes

The Bolsheviks of Madrid is collaboration with Bret Hamilton and myself.
Crossing Streams is a track from our album Shopping Mall. This is one of the tracks I played bass on. The cover art is by Todd Alcott.
Bret made this video.

3 Likes

I am the bass player for Irene and a graduate of this great B2B program!

3 Likes