Post your pedal ideas

I have Valhalla Room and Supermassive, but usually I end up using either Melda or Kilohearts. I really like MCharmVerb. And it’s even free :slight_smile:

1 Like

ValhallaRoom is so good. :heart:

2 Likes

The rabbit hole hit bottom. Not sure I’ll ever be able to top this one. I live in the mecca of pedal board country. JHS headquarters is less than 20 miles from me! This is the game changer of game changers! JHS Color Box V2. It turns everything into gold. It basically a single neeve channel mixing board with the famous Lundhal transformers. It’s rediculius!

https://www.jhspedals.info/colour-box-v2

3 Likes

It’s funny. Minus the EQ, my audio interface has this built-in. It’s a Solid State Logic DAI, and has a button per channel to turn on SSL4000 emulation to give you that classic mixing board tone.

I actually find it kind of useless but it is cute. For recording I would want to record the clean tone and apply the SSL effect (which sounds kind of like a warm, subtle Exciter to me) in the DAW instead.

I somehow missed that the Miku Stomp has a “Scat” setting.

What a weird and cool idea.

4 Likes

Curse you @howard for putting this in my head.

1 Like

10 hours of Vocaloid polka - someone is definitely going to hell

2 Likes

Oh you got a Miku Howard?

1 Like

LOL no. Saw that used. I don’t need that in a pedal.

2 Likes

more bells and whistles than i prefer on a preamp and pricey. but none the less, very impressive and sounds good (check youtube).

3 Likes

This actually looks amazing. $150, not too bad.

2 Likes

Ha, described as having “delicious tube tone” in the video. That is worth $400 right there. None of my other pedals are delicious.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I just realized I never tried to taste any of my pedals.

I just threw a softball for an obvious Electro-Harmonix joke there.

3 Likes

I’ll leave it to someone else to make that joke :rofl:

1 Like

Not being a pedal-head, that particular penny took a while to drop… :rofl:

1 Like

I need this one explained to me.

7 Likes

@John_E what do you think of the Black / Tweed setting on the Bassrig ‘64? Which one do you like better for what?

2 Likes

I haven’t moved it off of Black yet, lol.
I guess I should start fiddling with that too.
I cycle through my 4 preamps looking for tone but kinda forget there are two options on this one, which is weird cause the VT Bass DI has 3.

Thanks for the reminder.
The black sounds so so so good.
The whole pedal is amazing and the LPF/HPF are really a great feature, makes me want a stand alone LPF/HPF to use all the time.

4 Likes

@John_E, your setup could benefit with one of these pedals:

https://www.kma-machines.com/m_tyler.html

Or RE/Q - DUAL FUNCTION EQUALIZATION PEDAL - Genzler Amplification

I like the Tyler but the Genzler looks good too. Both got LPF/HPF

5 Likes