Project Basses

This is what I want just not this color/

6 Likes

Regardless, they are used as synonyms regularly. You “build” model kits, even though in actuality you are assembling them. You “rebuild” engines even though you’re really just putting together parts. I can understand the confusion, particularly if ESL.

3 Likes

That color is actually kind of awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has all colors, doesn’t it?
Gotta be one in there you like.
Lol

7 Likes

Yeah, but I was trying to describe the bass I want to construct earlier and this is it. If anyone knows someone with it, please get me in contact. I would like them to trace the body and send me the stencil for it. Cort used to make them in the 80’s. I should have bought one then.

3 Likes

That might work. Need to measure - there is the chance a Sire and Squier have different spacing on the screws

2 Likes

@EddieJones The Thumb Spot has a couple of adhesive type 3D-printed universal thumb rests, plus one for Ernie Ball OLP Stingray 4 Bass which attaches to existing screws (no idea if the last one would work with your Sterling Ray 34).

There’s also ThumbRocker, which is smaller. Also 3D printed, and most screw on.

6 Likes

Add a thumbrest, @Wombat-metal. Whatever helps you play comfortably rules.

4 Likes

I got the Christmas activity done early so got started on the mod. Got 2 done today.

10 Likes

20% off all of their items Dec 25-26.

Based in Canada, they ship to the US. Used these guys for my project bass. Nitro finish, really good product.

Enter Coupon Code OxfordBoxingDay at Checkout

Here’s the finished bass using their cans.

13 Likes

Recommended by Brad Angove too:

4 Likes

I love the blue one!

2 Likes

Heck that Talman looks insane.

Also nice rug. :rofl:

5 Likes

just found this channel on YT, he makes guitars out of weird materials, like colored pencils:

3 Likes

My economy of effort is definitely preventing me from attempting such a task, lol.

6 Likes

He’s great.
If you can resin it, he will build it. Lol

3 Likes

I didn’t know it, but now that you verbalized it, I think that’s been a guiding rule in my life…

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Not a bass at all, almost an anti-bass … but still 4 strings ! well, 2x 4 strings …
:grin:

I was not sure where to post this, but I wanted to show it for some folks who might be interested. Here is a 80-90 years old Vesuvian mandolin that I just restored. A few things were done, including frets leveling, carving a nut from scratch, re-glueing the back …
Finally it’s a very nice instrument, much better than what I expected. It sounds really good, it has the rich deep tone of the teardrop oval-hole mandolins, that I prefer over the more commun (in bluegrass/americana at least) F-hole Gibson-style ones. The neck is perfectly straight and aligned. It’s in a really impressive condition for its age !

23 Likes

Wow, that’s beautiful!

5 Likes