Project Basses

Love slapping open E, lol. The real question is do you need a/another 5 strings?

2 Likes

Well, yeah, OK, what do I know… :crazy_face: (Not a slapper at all…)

2 Likes

Hey now! don’t they’ll that to davie504, lol

2 Likes

Not a big fan, I have to admit! He got chops, but the whole act is just not doing it for me :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t like dave504 either

4 Likes

His whole Theme is slap it, it gets old quickly. It works though everytime I see slapping his name came to mind. Lol.

3 Likes

I love his humor.
Its subtle and quick and can be absolutely hysterical.
He is about way more than bass playing.
The showy slap gets old fast but the dude can play virtually anything.

4 Likes

Yeah he’s legitimately really good.

2 Likes

After much deliberation and yet another mark in the green paint :rage: the V bass has undergone a major change. I’ve ended up going back to natural wood with a slight orange/brown stain. For some reason I can’t upload a pic atm?
I’m going to be a lot happier with this although I would have loved the green too.
Maybe I just can’t paint basses as well as bike parts :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Or, why not embrace “imperfection”??

I know it’s hard, but it can also make this even more unique and “yours” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s funny, I actually boost my mids a bit. It depends on what bass and amp I’m playing tho. I rather keep my mid flat and boost my bass and treble a little bit.

4 Likes

@John_E was it Fodera? :flushed:

1 Like

Boosting bass and treble and leaving mids flat works too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MonsieurFahrenheit …. In the words of our IT person at work…. “Google that $hit”

2 Likes

I honestly just couldn’t live with it @joergkutter . I seemed to put a mark on it every time I picked it up and that was colouring my feelings towards the bass.

I’m quite pleased with the new look :eyes:

11 Likes

Can totally relate! Glad you went back to a natural wooden look! I am a sucker for nice (natural) wooden finishes :smile:

6 Likes

That’s gonna look great when it’s all together.

4 Likes

For some reason liking at the shape makes me think to do a Star Trek original series cheesy knobs and dials etc on a Flying V. No idea why but that would look kitchy cool.

2 Likes

Thanks @howard
Those knobs would look sort of cool in a weird sort of way @John_E :joy:

I also finally had to admit defeat tonight and realise I’m not going to find the pickups that came in the kit!

2 Likes

Here we go again.
I messed about with this lawsuit era Gibson copy a while ago but wasn’t really pleased with the outcome so while I’m waiting for spares I thought I’d give it a do over.
So it’s gone from this

4 Likes