Project Basses

Looks brand new. Only a real bassist has his bass looking like it came out of the store this morning at all times but his shoes have toe holes that are still good for at least another 3 months of life in them, what are you talking about?

You seriously got so lucky on that bass, I’d walk barefoot for it.

2 Likes

I love it Mac, it’s coming together beautifully.

5 Likes

Truly a good looking bass. Scratch marks are just character.

I don’t particularly like road worn basses as they didn’t earn the markings, but that bass could tell stories, which puts me in mind of a Petty song

4 Likes

Really beautiful Mac.

2 Likes

I came home from work at lunch to walk the dog and get a few bars in, and picked up my P bass and practiced a song I wrote. And it came to me, the basses I enjoy the most are the ones I’ve worked on.

I’ve got prettier basses, better sounding basses, certainly more expensive basses than a used Squier; but there’s a certain pride in something you’ve worked on yourself.

Just a random thought.

5 Likes

so true, and i don’t do any of the wood-crafty stuff you can do.
I do like modding and altering, got the bug for sure.
They are more personal to me.

3 Likes

And to be honest that is becoming a bit of a problem for me. I’m literally looking for my next project as I’m putting the finishing touches to the present one.
The Warwick is slightly different but there is always the next one lol :joy:

4 Likes

Great decision.

5 Likes

I have two in the works (waiting for parts to come in) and I am scoping out upgrades for one more for the next project, only p’ups and electronics.

I don’t see another one in my future after those 3 for a while.
I think I will go back to designing my ‘bass from scratch bass’.

2 Likes

I’ve built 2 basses: a P-Bass and a J-Bass and I used color change paint on both of them, only I used Testors with 3 coats of gloss black and then 3 coats of color change and 3 coats of clear.

4 Likes

I’ve only got one in the works, assembling parts. Have a whole bunch (my battery bag came in today, so the battery I’m adding doesn’t bounce around the inside and its more elegant than electric tape).

Have everything I need but the pickups.

I have one more I want to do; I don’t have a bass with dual humbuckers, might want to see about making one. Cruising for a good used platform. After that its just playin

3 Likes

?? pictures or link please… i need a couple of those

2 Likes

simple idea…which are the best

https://www.stewmac.com/electronics/components-and-parts/battery-clips-and-holders/l.r.-baggs-battery-bag/

3 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks! 3 on the way!

4 Likes

Great idea @Wombat-metal :+1:

2 Likes

Really nice job getting it looking great.

I couldnt really fall in love with the Corvette. They look cool as hell, especially natural oiled wood, but the neck and body, Idk, just didnt work with me enough to love it.

I certainly did not hate it at all, but when it came down to the decision to buy the last one I had a chance to, after 30-40 min playing around on it, I just couldn’t like it enough to leave the store with it.

I am glad its working for you, and he it does for years to come, considering what you gave up for it.

2 Likes

Thanks @T_dub
I’m definitely enjoying it except for the weight! I reckon you’d definitely have to hit the gym hard before doing any gigs with it !

2 Likes

Do I? Don’t I? :thinking:
Just found on eBay and I’m tempted tbh.
But do I want to invest in a project or save for something better?
So much pressure :tired_face:

6 Likes

After a real hard think whilst feeding the horses and a few calculations I’ve decided that this probably isn’t really what I want ( actually my wife has insisted I get what I want rather than make do) so I’ve wandered in a different direction.
I’ll be posting in the “Show us your bass” thread in a few minutes :crazy_face::flushed:

6 Likes