2 Likes

oh, that is weird

2 Likes

Reminded me of this :joy:

3 Likes

I love Rocky Road

Just channeling Weird Al

4 Likes

Pressure—wait until you have an expensive block of wood on your workbench with a bunch of lines and measurements you have been making for 7 months and are about to plunge your router into it having never done such a thing before!

5 Likes

Hmmm this thread may be just the motivation I need to finish (or start lol) my project squier pj special I rescued from the classifieds so far I got the “artwork “ off … it was really just a load of political slogans and symbols and some drawings that really didn’t look anatomically correct :rofl:
A lot of work ahead for this one , I have the loaded pg somewhere but need a new one as it too now has political affiliations

9 Likes

That’s just self torture @Old_WannaBe :joy:

Go for it @luke.e . It’s great fun and strangely addictive. I was looking for project 4 but got sidetracked

3 Likes

Hey, your headstock is pre “relic’d”

3 Likes

Now I really want to see the before pictures! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Just started on my new short scale bass project. Got the head stock sorted to my liking. Next thing is the pickups.

8 Likes

It arrived!

12 Likes

Ewh, first issue I came across.

2 Likes

That’s not good

3 Likes

So it broke on multiple screws while unscrewing it?

2 Likes

Nope it seems it was like it beforehand, because one of them was spinning in empty while unscrewing

Im thinking guys in factory did it too hard with electric screwdriver.

3 Likes

Had same thing on my Ray4. But only 1. Filled hole with crazy glue and toothpick and was all good.

3 Likes

I’ve also brought it together a bit with wood glue. Hopefully it holds.
Ive also reported it to Thomann since its still under warranty.

But heck AG4M sounds awesome.

3 Likes

I assumed design flaw. Those wood jut outs for the screws are just too small

3 Likes

Things like this is why I was so happy when I opened the back of my Suerveyor and the screws went into metal fittings set in the wood, not the wood itself. A small detail i like, and I hope means they watch the larger details.

5 Likes