Rack build [finished]

You’re being too modest . . . :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing your progress :+1:

3 Likes

For someone who doesn’t know what he’s doing, you’re doing juuuuuust fine! :heart:

2 Likes

MORE PICTURES!!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

:metal: :metal:

1 Like

I do at least one for each step :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah! I’m loving it! I really like this DIY stuff and the sense of acomplishment when it’s finished!

I liked your creativity and you seem to have all the tools, knowledge…

Thumbs up to you!!

2 Likes

yeah I have some tools but not everything, I’d love to have more :grin: one of my goals in the next years would be to build a bass with the body home made from A to Z (I already have a brand new Precision Bass 51 style neck for this project). still thinking about it but I will do it sooner or later and it will be cool :grin:

3 Likes

wow that would be awesome! to build a bass from scratch!!

Waiting for that post as well!! with tons of pics!!

2 Likes

Man, that came out looking real good.

2 Likes

…hopefully…

1 Like

tolex in progress … this is very tricky !

6 Likes

… that uke tho… :grin:

3 Likes

Your rack build is coming along so well, I would seriously considering finishing it off with a nice emblem, @terb . . . :slight_smile:

(maybe find an old “Marshall” or “HiWatt label” ? :wink: ) lol

Great work and thanks for your updates!

2 Likes

I must have a few Marshall logos already, and a Vox one too, but I name my guitar amps “HELLBEE” (sounds like my initials which are L.B.) so it would be logical to use this name :grin: I even have a logo file made by a friend who is a professional designer, at least 15 years ago but I still like it :

logo-fd-noir

otherwise I found an old URSS officer logo that I got in East Berlin at the time, it could look funny even if there is no real reason to use it in this context. but I find it looks really cool over the black tolex. here is the thing :

3 Likes

Both emblems are cool, @terb . . . but the “Hellbee” emblem is certainly unique! :+1:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

yes but I don’t know how to make it with only what I have here so I don’t know … the URSS logo would be pretty unique too on an amp :grin: and with a gold pipping over the front panel I think it could look very cool …

3 Likes

You’ve got to go with what you’ve got, @terb! :wink:

And yes indeed, the black and gold and red combo would look great . . . :+1:

Cheers, Joe

PS . . . . I say, go for it!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

tolex done !

that was tricky, especially the corners and the zone where the tolex wraps, not easy to make an almost invisible junction line and avoid the tolex sheet to overlap :

(the sunlight on the picture makes this line much more visible than in real life ; and it’s the bottom panel so nobody will look at this !)

also you can see that I painted the inner panels black. I had not enough paint so I ended up mixing black acrylic paint and black ink and it worked pretty well.

9 Likes

Beautiful job!

2 Likes

That looks super, Laurent @terb! . . . :slight_smile:

Well done!

2 Likes

Dude! That looks so cool! :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes