SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

Why?

3 Likes

Oh, sorry, it was more of a ā€œwhy canā€™t we have that kind of service/possibilities in little old Europeā€ sigh :wink:

4 Likes

Youā€™re lucky @PamPurrs .
I tried that approach and was told that they couldnā€™t do that as the boxes were needed for the basses they sold.
I thought ā€œfair enough ā€œ but was a little confused when I bought a bass from them and had to ask for a box :joy:

5 Likes

:scream_cat:

2 Likes

This is normal Pam. When I got a bass locally I had to ask for a box.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve purchased a few basses at my local music store, and the only time i had to ask for a box was when I bought one off the display wall.
What shocks me is people having such a hard time getting a box for shipping from the store. I guess my favorite store is more friendly than others.

3 Likes

If you buy a bass or guitar off the rack in a store here youā€™re gonna need to ask for a box if you want one, and they might say no. Of course you get one if they ship it to you.

Sometimes you need to ask for a gig bag. Not all instruments come with one. This surprised me once.

For shipping here, I am incredibly lucky. Shipping companies here compete for quality of service; you could very likely ship an egg wrapped in saran wrap with a label taped on with only a partial address and it would probably get there just fine and unbroken the next day. So for guitars, I just wrap the soft case in bubble wrap and hand it over. Usually costs about $25 for next day shipping that way.

One time, someone had shipped me something from overseas after running my address through Google Translate, which misinterpreted it as Chinese and spit out some absolute nonsense english for the label. The only correct parts were my name and postal code. It still got here :rofl:

3 Likes

After a very long, painstaking, and woefully expensive process, Iā€™ve finally narrowed down the 2 basses Iā€™m going to keep and need to sell the rest of them to recoup some of the money Iā€™ve spent. Iā€™ll soon be listing the below items on OfferUp/Reverb, but I thought Iā€™d give my BassBuzz fam first crack at them:

• Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, near mint, bought brand new direct from Schecter a month or so ago. includes Schecter gig bag.
  • Schecter P-4, brand new, bought direct from Schecter a couple of weeks ago. Includes really nice RoadRunner case.
  • Warmoth bass neck, roasted maple with Indian rosewood fretboard. Mounted but never played.
  • Warmoth G4 bass body, J/J, alder, Olympic white. Has had neck and components installed, but never played. Fully shielded with conductive paint. Carvin jack plate installed and included.

All of the above come with their original boxes from Schecter and Warmoth.

• Set of GOTOH GB707 tuners, black, 2+2, installed but never played.
  • GOTOH 201 bridge, installed but never played.
  • Seymore Duncan SPB-1 pickups, brand new in the box, never opened.

If anyone here is interested in any of the above, hit me up and weā€™ll work out a good deal. If I donā€™t hear from anyone, Iā€™ll list them next week.

2 Likes

Good luck with the sales, Tim.

BTW, what are your keepers again? Itā€™s been pretty hard to keep up. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

A Carvin B40 and the Charvel PJ San Dimas I just picked up.

Try it from this side of theā€¦ me, I guess. :smiley:

Itā€™s coming up on two years since I committed to bass and joined Bass Buzz. I was an Ibanez guy at that point and didnā€™t have any issues with my SR300 or the 15-watt Hartke amp I was using back then. But this place corrupted me and introduced me to GAS Guy, who sent me off on an epic, impossible quest for ā€œthe perfect bassā€.

Itā€™s taken a bit, but Iā€™ve finally come to understand what I need for the music I want to play. My love for Carvin knows no bounds, so I have to have a Carvin in my stable, and now that Iā€™ve got the San Dimas all shielded and quiet, Iā€™m very comfortable with it.

2 Likes

SOLD!

7 Likes

Heads-up for those listing items for sale on Reverbā€¦ UPS shipping rates have skyrocketed! I had to pay $131.00 to ship a bass from Arizona to Ohio. You need to set your shipping charge accordingly.

5 Likes

One down two to go!

3 Likes

Ouch. Thatā€™s approaching the cost of shipping Japan->US. Well, maybe half to 2/3.

2 Likes

The OfferUp-ering has begun, the Schecters are listed. The Warmoth stuff follows soon, prolly tomorrow.

Link in the first post. Discounts available for BassBuzz-erites. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On Craigslist

3 Likes

Done! This is now the SAG thread! :rofl:

Is this the desired title? I can change to anything.

4 Likes

I mean, I would call it:

SAG - SELLING ACQUIRED GEAR

To match:

GAS - GEAR ACQUISITION SYNDROME

ā€¦but thatā€™s just me, and sometimes Iā€™m weird about these kinds of things. :smiley:

5 Likes

Done!

5 Likes

Thanks @eric.kiser

3 Likes