SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

:joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

I see it for $200 used everywhere. Iā€™ll start it at $195 locally then try TB at $190 to undercut folks etc.

This price is only for folks here.

4 Likes

Ugh. Effing ugh.

So, 2023 has sucked an amazing amount ofā€¦ stuff that can be sucked not in a good way. As mentioned elsewhere, I have to sell some stuff to pay off other debts. I was toying with selling my Carvin, but I hate the thought of selling it. Itā€™s such a rarity, and I love the way it looks and feels. I was also toying with returning the Aerodyne, butā€¦ itā€™s just so sexy and I love playing it. Itā€™s tone is my favorite of all my basses. So that leaves just one.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/3dab7827-cd8c-36af-b873-e6f617fb02d5

Special ā€œfriendā€ prices for BassBuzzers, if anyone is interested. Great bass, super comfy to play, the DiMarzioā€™s are a bit mid-heavy for my tastes.

5 Likes

Sucks

4 Likes

Yeah, sorry man. Never fun.

3 Likes

Man, that sucks. But helping others is pretty important too. I hope this year takes a turn for the better Tim.

4 Likes

Thanks for the support fellas. Yeah, it does suckā€¦ I really like that bass, my only ā€œissueā€ (which really isnā€™t even an issue, because I can EQ it out) is that the DiMarzios are a bit mid-heavy for my tastes.

But I gotta do something, and even though my recent ā€œshootoutā€ between the Charvel and the Aerodyne puts the Charvel on top, the thought of selling it creates a slightly smaller pit in my stomach than does the thought of returning (because Iā€™m in my 45 days return window) the Aerodyne or selling the Carvin.

And yeah, @eric.kiser, hereā€™s to hoping that the remaining three quarters of 2023 are way better than was the first quarter.

3 Likes

Just concentrate on how great youā€™ll feel when you buy it back again.

10 Likes

Ba-dum-TISH!

:joy:

4 Likes

Oooooh gold :medal_sports: burn

5 Likes

When I sell mine Iā€™ll let you know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so, Iā€™m wondering about my Pod X3 Pro. I need some money if I want to buy a ToneX, and I donā€™t need this X3 Pro because I already have a X3 bean and it sounds the same. That said, the X3 Pro has an impressive connectivity. And Iā€™ve already said, the X3 line is by far the most versatile of all Podā€™s, and definitly one of my favorite. A lot of great sounds in those units, you can do everything with a guitar AND with a bass.

So, do I sell the X3 Pro ?

4 Likes

First, intriguing to hear that you are interested in a ToneX - thatā€™s like an endorsement :grin:

I think it is hard to come with input on your question to you, given that you know more about these devices than I will ever do.

But, if it takes up space, and its features are largely covered by another device you own, and you are not constantly using it (or its connectivity features) AND you are fairly certain you wonā€™t regret selling it anytime soon, then yes, you should sell it!

3 Likes

Well thatā€™s an affordable and very rationnal profiling preamp, whatā€™s not to love ? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I had to do it. The Carvin was sold on Reverb last night. Which means that for the first time since starting BassBuzz almost two years ago, I am down to only one bass.

(Technically twoā€¦ a buddy up north has my Schecter, he wanted to get into playing bass so I sent it to him on perma-loan-to-buy as long as he signed up for BassBuzz lessons, which he did. My assumption is that heā€™ll eventually buy it rather than ship it back to me and buy something else. Either way, itā€™s not here.)

The remaining bass is my Aerodyne PJ. And Iā€™m not going to sell that, as then Iā€™d have no basses, and thatā€™s just not acceptable. And you know, for as much as I loved all my other basses, and had fantasies of rolling around in bass rooms like Johnā€™s or Alā€™s, thereā€™s somethingā€¦ I dunno, comforting, I suppose, about picking up the same bass each time you play.

ā€¦

At least, thatā€™s what Iā€™m telling myself. :smiley:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought (and I think I had one of the first posts about it here). But, then again: what do I know? I get easily persuaded by shiny displays and fancy playing in a well-produced video :wink:

No, really, you saying it has SO much more weight (and IK should pay you for that) :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, why donā€™t they simply gave me a ToneX as a reward ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Well, do you NEED the connectivity?

2 Likes

Itā€™s the only preamp pedal I would even consider at this point. Itā€™s exactly what I always wanted. It has basically obsoleted everything else below a Quad Cortex.

2 Likes

No. The XLR out is great but not so necessary considering that the X3 has its own USB DAI.

3 Likes