"Share some good music" Friday

I think we might have had a video with Ryan Martinie beforeā€¦ I canā€™t say I like the stuff he is doing with Mudvayne (really not my type of music at all), but I think he is a very interesting player who includes a lot of different techniques into his playing.

I dig much more what he is doing with his other band ā€œSoften the Glareā€ (I am almost positive @kerushlow will dig this as well)

Bonus: heā€™s got his shirt on in this video :rofl:

2 Likes

Very nice Joerg @joergkutter,
Nice tone from the bass, holding it all together :+1:
Very impressive :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I mostly always loved the MTV Unplugged concerts and just recently I stumpled upon the Tiny Desk Concerts by NPR, they even do an ā€œAt home editionā€ now during corona which is super lovely (Dua Lipa was awesome to listen to). The one I enjoyed the most given Iā€™ve seen this channel for 2 days only is from Paramore in 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-nRXwAL1k

1 Like

Great cover of a great tune.
And a Rickenbacker too

5 Likes

GREAT BAND! I canā€™t say enough good things about Clutch. Oh this is just so damn good.

5 Likes

I did a cover of this exact version :grin:

4 Likes

Canā€™t beat the Ricky for versatility across the tonal range, perfect example :+1:
Nice CCR coveršŸ˜Ž @Mac,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

I like that Clutch cover better than the original.

2 Likes

Just watched it again Laurent @terb,:+1:
You did a great job with ā€œGreenieā€:sunglasses:
Different tone than the ā€œRickyā€probably due to the use of the pick,you did a great job, :smiley: but Iā€™m a ā€œRickyā€ fanā€‹:face_with_hand_over_mouth:sorry.
Cover of a cover.:grin:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I love Billy Gouldā€™s bass from about 2:20

Cheers
Matthew

2 Likes

The song that made me a bass fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5XWOOOCg-U

4 Likes

Monster of a bass song, @Wombat-metal!

Here is a version for those of us who canā€™t play with a pick :joy:

6 Likes

its funny how this band became one of the most amazing offbeat bands on the planet directly after everybody stopped listening :laughing:

3 Likes

For all of our Les Claypool fans out there. If you can get past the craziness of his lyrics and insane style this man can slap a bass ( or in his words he doesnā€™t slap bass he uses the term thumping like Stanley Clark or Larry Graham )like no ones business. I would say it is Claypool who attracted me to the bass many years ago after seeing them at a festival in 1994. Weird, Yes, talented absolutely. All of this while casually checking his watch for the time half way through.

5 Likes

Thanks for this! For me it is like Polyphia kind of, except the centerpiece isnā€™t the crazy guitar playing, it is bass! Ryan is a madman!

3 Likes

Me too man! It was Claypool and Flea who got me interested.

2 Likes

@kerushlow I agree Claypool is out of my league for sure but opened my eyes to the limitless boundaries of bass players and even got me listening to various styles of music etc.

Anything with Chris Squire playing on is awesome :sunglasses: @Wombat-metalā€‹:+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

He makes the Ricky sound like an AngelšŸ‘

1 Like

I remember it well @terb :+1:

2 Likes