"Share some good music" Friday

GREAT BAND! I can’t say enough good things about Clutch. Oh this is just so damn good.

5 Likes

I did a cover of this exact version :grin:

4 Likes

Can’t beat the Ricky for versatility across the tonal range, perfect example :+1:
Nice CCR cover😎 @Mac,
Cheers Brian

1 Like

I like that Clutch cover better than the original.

2 Likes

Just watched it again Laurent @terb,:+1:
You did a great job with “Greenie”:sunglasses:
Different tone than the “Ricky”probably due to the use of the pick,you did a great job, :smiley: but I’m a “Ricky” fan​:face_with_hand_over_mouth:sorry.
Cover of a cover.:grin:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

I love Billy Gould’s bass from about 2:20

Cheers
Matthew

2 Likes

The song that made me a bass fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5XWOOOCg-U

4 Likes

Monster of a bass song, @Wombat-metal!

Here is a version for those of us who can’t play with a pick :joy:

6 Likes

its funny how this band became one of the most amazing offbeat bands on the planet directly after everybody stopped listening :laughing:

3 Likes

For all of our Les Claypool fans out there. If you can get past the craziness of his lyrics and insane style this man can slap a bass ( or in his words he doesn’t slap bass he uses the term thumping like Stanley Clark or Larry Graham )like no ones business. I would say it is Claypool who attracted me to the bass many years ago after seeing them at a festival in 1994. Weird, Yes, talented absolutely. All of this while casually checking his watch for the time half way through.

5 Likes

Thanks for this! For me it is like Polyphia kind of, except the centerpiece isn’t the crazy guitar playing, it is bass! Ryan is a madman!

3 Likes

Me too man! It was Claypool and Flea who got me interested.

2 Likes

@kerushlow I agree Claypool is out of my league for sure but opened my eyes to the limitless boundaries of bass players and even got me listening to various styles of music etc.

Anything with Chris Squire playing on is awesome :sunglasses: @Wombat-metal​:+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

He makes the Ricky sound like an Angel👍

1 Like

I remember it well @terb :+1:

2 Likes

Like, I actually had no idea - I wrote them off after Midlife Crisis, and I was even living in SF at the time, so that and their earlier stuff like We Care A Lot was played… a lot.

2 Likes

Amazingly amazing band that never fails to surprise. They do metal, punk, wierd ass country, weirder ass gospel sounding shit, and everything else. just eclectic and great.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d completely written them off as derivative modern rock like 30 years ago. Will need to check them out now. The live link above is awesome.

One of those things like Modern English I guess, who are actually amazing yet got one-hit-wonder famous with a pop song and everyone just wrote them off.

1 Like

Aforementioned wierd ass gospel song. Man I love this song. Listen through before judging it, it builds.

https://youtu.be/7g4L47kEcS0

6 Likes