Short Love

Ok, I like Jake Serek. I a listening and he said, and I quote “Orange is really my favorite color anyways”
Yeah, good guy

2 Likes

oh the cute little dogear 4-poles pickup on the thumbnail … what’s this pickup ?

4 Likes

One of these?!

5 Likes

yes ! they look so cute :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Chicago guy :+1:

3 Likes

@terb

He lists this one on his site to buy (and obviously can be on his instruments also. He also hand-winds his pickups)

Or this one, slight difference in one being a single coil, that first one, hum cancelling I would assume and this Humbucker)

Not really cheap, but he is a lughier that is very proud of his work ad his hand wound pickups as well. He does not want to grow big, he wants to hae person to person interactions with each customer to see exactly what they want so he can deliver and have an extremely satisfied customer.

That said, yeah, the pick ups and his basses are quite pricey. But I hear they are darn worth it.

Some reviews and more talking from Jake Serek. about that bass, the Midwestern that has that little pick kup in it

4 Likes

Well recently I ordered MIM Mustang PJ Aged Natural. Should arrive in August. Its hard in these pandemic days to get anything. They put them together on order only.

7 Likes

Hagstrom Viking. Runs about $1100-1500.

7 Likes

That brand has caught my attention a few times…

3 Likes

Have you had a chance to hear it compared to the Gretsch?

3 Likes

There’s a few videos online, if you don’t mind German, French or Thaï :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Nope, just saw one online. Need to follow up on that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for finding those :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If it sounds better in Thai, learning bass will be harder than I thought.

5 Likes

German guy needs to do a setup, getting serious fret buzz.

French guy forgot to plug it in.

Thai guy got some good tone but needs to work on his recording setup.

Overall it sounded good! I think I am still liking the Gretsch better but this one sounded rounder and more classic maybe? No one used a pick (unless I missed it) which was unfortunate.

5 Likes

Danelectro short scale finally arrived and I am head over heals. Plays great, sounds great, feels great. This thing is awesome, and pictures really don’t do it justice.

11 Likes

Yes, a cover would work :slight_smile: :smile_cat:

4 Likes

working on bad moon rising …

5 Likes

retro cool :+1:

4 Likes

Nice! Congratulations.

3 Likes