Short Love

MIJ lawsuit era guitars and basses can be highly sought after, so my first question woud be for proof it was MIJ.

2 Likes

Well, where it is being sold is a place with good reputation where many important Mexican bands practice. KAY, as far as I have been able to research, is MIJ. It’s just expensive.

1 Like

Too expensive for a Kay.

3 Likes

She’s with me. She’s great to play. She was born somewhere between 1964 and 1968, it seems. I ended up trading something of little use for me for her. If it wasn’t because I really trust the person who had her, who happens to works with important musicians in Mexico, I would have had my doubts but he set the bass up completely and she plays great. All works well, is original and has no noises. It even has the original muting foam inside the ashtray, the only thing that’s not original is the pickup selector switch. Neck and truss rod are in perfect shape, too.
I’m really happy with it. It has the original series number tag from Japan, too.
It’s small and light… and she has a 0-fret.
The pickguard has the remains of what seems to have been an embossed flower or rose. (@PamPurrs you jumped immediately into my mind.)
It’s fair enough to have two basses, right?

15 Likes

Just saw on the jhs show. Completely unique, i dig the whole concept.

1 Like

Looks like an instrument in a B-movie.

2 Likes

this bass is brought to you by the letter…

5 Likes

Is this part of the Chibson brand @itsratso ?

6 Likes

detachable headstock :joy:

5 Likes

Yes, but the strings are permanently installed so you can’t misplace it.

2 Likes

Just like when a real Gibson headstock comes off!

2 Likes

Thats gotta be from a song. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, Dead Milkmen I think :rofl:

2 Likes

Was it them that sang Detachable Penis?
I dint recall who the artist was

2 Likes

Actually I thought it was them but it turns out it was King Missile.

3 Likes

Yep, tgat sounds more like it. It was more of a one hit wonder then a good underground band

3 Likes

Now I’m wondering what Dead Milkmen are up to. It’s been a while since Beelzebubba.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have not heard anytging.
I have not been to a show since before Covid, and mostly been oaying attention to what bands are up to on youtube, and if they dont pop up on home screen suggestions, or tge many band names I have subscriibed to, I dont know.

The last two shows I went to was first, The Dwarves at Ghalagers off Main street in Down town Huntington Beach one block off PCH across the street from the Pier.
That was a great show, and was about a month before the lockdown.

2nd ans lastly I saw The Dickies play at Fitzgeralds in suburban Huntington Beach, on Magnolia and Garfield.
That show was probably 1 week before our lockdown started.

@Al1885 this bar is practically next door to A&B music where you got that MM Cutlass and the genzler amp.
Great venu next to a great music store.

Edit: Noodles from the offspring frequents this bar. He was there that night so he got on stage and fid a song with the dickies.

2 Likes

Not much, just driving around in their bitchin’ Camaro.

2 Likes

Great song on a fantastic soundtrack.

(edit: crap, just saw that I misremembered and it’s not on Repo Man. I’ve always associated the two, maybe because they came out at the same time? I would have sworn that song was on the soundtrack.)

2 Likes