Short Love

Both the Sire U5 and the SBMM have smaller bodies than long scale basses so they don’t look out of proportion with the shorter necks.

2 Likes

No, I don’t, but you can click to be notified when they become available. I haven’t heard much about Eastwood otherwise, so I don’t know about the quality of their guitars/basses. Maybe someone else has played an Eastwood bass and can comment.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Alan ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Yes @franx ,
I have flats on most of my basses,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Any site for second hand or not to recommend like Reverb for bass ?

2 Likes

Where are you located? In Japan I use Mercari. I think most people use Reverb in the US.

2 Likes

In Europe, France

3 Likes

@Alan, here’s another review of the Sire U5, this time by teacher and killer player Mark Smith.

Regardless of which shorty you ultimately choose to buy, it’s worth watching and listening to this.

2 Likes

Well right now my heart is bouncing between the eastwood Warren Ellis, the Stingray and the U5, the Schecter Banshee but sadly all 4 of them are out of stock so i am just going to wait until one of these come out :confused:

2 Likes

but not gonna lie, i wish the eastwood or the banshee comes out soon

2 Likes

@Alan Are you talking about the 34" Stingray, or the short scale? Because as far as I can tell, the short scale doesn’t come in a LH version. And I thought you were looking for a LH short scale bass.

2 Likes

Yep, you’re right. Sterling doesn’t make a lefty shorty.

This is what Sterling said when asked if they make left-handed basses:

We offer the Ray4 and Ray5 as left-handed models.

2 Likes

my bad i missread then. Yes i am looking for a LH SC bass, not a 34".
If you have any infos or link for Europe about the banshee by schecter or the Eastwood by Warren Ellis that’s be amazing. Concerning the U5 i feel like the tone is really thin and i do already have a jazz bass that sounds great for slap so :confused: ( but not SC )

2 Likes

Bon chance

2 Likes

I use mine a lot for the split P pickup tone, and there’s no thinness there. It’s rich and deep. Plenty of balls.

Ultimately, the tone a player gets will depend on a host of variables, not the least of which is how close to the neck heel or bridge the strings are plucked.

3 Likes

a little bit short

4 Likes

I don’t see how a short scale fiver is playable. At 34" that B string is wobbly. 35" is much more playable, I can’t see taking 2" off and making it 32"

Unless it’s not tuned BEADG

2 Likes

They make the mikro in a beadg 5er and its only 28" scale :grimacing:

4 Likes

I’m looking at short scale strings for a fiver and they are all like 40:120 or 45:125.

LaBella alone makes 60:135. That would have better tension.

I tried a set of GHS BEAD Boomers once, 60:125 on a 34" scale. The B string was so floppy in tune it felt terrible. It didn’t last the afternoon it was so bad.

I can’t see putting a 125 on a 30". I just can’t.

1 Like

Dear Alan,

maybe here?

4 Likes