Short Love

Thanks @Wombat-metal we just keep ourselves busy with all of the logistics and getting equipments move out of the space and cleanup. The fun will begin when the weekend is over and the spring break week begins, an open letter is in the work right now.

2 Likes

Thanks EJ

3 Likes

You’re welcome. BTW, how many damned basses do you have? I live my bass life vicariously through yours. My wife thinks I have too many at 8 and when she complains, I show her a picture of yours and Shibata’s.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m afraid of. My wife already talked to her friend about acquiring their restaurant because it’s something to do and keep us busy now. Lol. I was hoping for a big break.

1 Like

Thanks @Mac my oldest has a great spirit and she said she’d still go back for at least one day to say goodbye to her friends and she doesn’t mind if anything said her way. I didn’t teach her that, lol.

2 Likes

Well, things happen I was semi retired and I was hoping to stay that way, lol. Actually, cooking just keep me cool and zen so I don’t mind.

6 Likes

You rule, Al. Sorry you have to go through this.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about what you’re going through Al.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear it @Al1885 - best of luck.

4 Likes

Thanks @howard It’s not life threatening but life style threatening to me. lol. On the bright side with another restaurant I’d have more help so I don’t have to do this all by myself and we are doing a cloud kitchen as well. We can now safely put my fusion pasta menu for online ordering only. Win win.

3 Likes

Thanks @JerryP when life hand you a lemon, you just have to make aioli. lol.

3 Likes

No problems. Im hoping I’m not going to go crazy and start GASsing because now I have a lot more room in the shed where I usually sit and play. That’s gotta be at least 5-6 spaces. ha ha

2 Likes

yes he truly does, one of the greats around here. this too shall pass, Al, hang in there.

oh and that bass is just omygod

5 Likes

You’ll have time for a break later. For now, get to work!!!

3 Likes

Lol, that’s been happening for the last 48 hrs. We have a couple of places that we need start negotiating. Thanks for the encouragement @AnotherJosh

On one hand, it was bittersweet I gotta deal with the pain of the logistics of moving stuffs out and dealing with the damage, but once I’m through I could start dealing out the pain to the new school board members.

They are the gifts that keep on giving they kept given me ammunitions to really put professional hurt to them and their transparency narrative. They think that they are more superior than the parents, simply because they have more money. They are sorely mistaken.

These are a close knit group of local people who spent over $1000 a month for each of their kids to go to school all of them think the opposite none think that they have to please the school board. I’m one of the parents. I’m treating the new board like kids who want to play house. Young and stupid making all kinds of rookie’s mistakes in the 2 weeks they took over.

Well on the other hand, I’ll be busy creating new menu and concepts for the restaurant. We are sitting down with one a few hours my broker already set that up. This is great.

3 Likes

Thanks @itsratso that was very kind. The only surprise was the timing, the rest has already been planned. We, no I thought that I’d have more time to execute the plan in more relax manner but it was the same plan all along. Original plan is to transition my daughter out starting with summer school and we will not be back for Fall, but it’s been pushed up a few months.

Oh yeah! I love the attention to detail on that bass the tool free back plates is definitely a great touch. My shed already has the black light strip installed I’ll be doing the glow in the dark thing all the time, lol.

3 Likes

Fantastic news, @Al1885. I know you’ll make some fucking delicious aioli! :lemon: :drooling_face:

Go get ‘em!

3 Likes

Hey thanks @MikeC

2 Likes

You’re most definitely a go getter and not one for wallowing in self pity. Great attitude @Al1885 . Inspirational

3 Likes

Thanks @Mac I just hold grudges. Lol. Well I think karma is already getting to them and it’s getting out of control at the parent group chat. My open letter to the parents are circulating in the inner circle right now and when the last equipment were loaded and ready to go I’ll send it to the group chat. It will be interesting.

2 Likes