Short Love

Hey Everyone
What do you all think about this?
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/Mustang-Bass-Ebony-Fingerboard-Limited-Edition.gc
Is it worth the money or is it just hype?

4 Likes

Ebony a lot like Maple may be more durable than maple in its life span, and may cost more. tone-wise a lot like maple. Looks nice.

5 Likes

Looks pretty nice, also pretty inexpensive for a genuine Fender. (not sure where it was made, so if not MIM, maybe it is made where the Squires are made???)
considering that the Squire Mustang is $399, I don’t really see any hype in this at all.
With the P/J pick ups it looks to be an upgrade to the smaller looking P pick ups on the original and the Squire
If its what you been looking for, could be a great buy.

Also, I LOVE THE BLACK tuners and hardware. I love the Black hardware on colored basses, but it is still great on the black, so this totally black bass is pretty damn cool

3 Likes

It’s an MIM bass @T_dub
The pickups look like the same as the ones I tried when I first started looking for a decent bass . Nice touches like the ebony fretboard, coloured headstock and black hardware are certainly designed to make is very aesthetically pleasing but at $700 aud more compared to the Mustang I looked at I think I’d be hard pushed to spend the extra dollars
Squiers are made in Japan, Indonesia, China,Mexico , India, Korea and even the USA

3 Likes

Sire U5 very nice bass i like better than my Fender Mustang MIM. Only thing I don’t like no forearm cut out. But tone wise awesome sounding bass. Much better than my Mustang. And me being maple fretboard dude. Thats what it comes with.

4 Likes

yeah, i’ve got a link to it way at the start. beautiful bass. :+1:

4 Likes

although in that link, sire really pisses me off by pulling out the completely insulting “SS basses - good for students and children” line. yeah, good for children. you know, like the bass player in the beatles. oh yeah, and the stones too.

5 Likes

Which reminds me, been meaning to post this:

5 Likes

I got an original fender 28" mini p bass. That i up graded pick-up EMG Geezer B, hipshot tuners hipsot bridge and pick guard .

before upgraupgrades

7 Likes

I don’t like p basses.

I love your pbass

4 Likes

You see that a lot. The medium scale Yamaha Motion Basses still get marketed as “good for beginners” on the used market. Yeah, beginners, sure, and also you know, Tower of Power.

3 Likes

Here’s my Baby.

8 Likes

Thanks, for those kind words brother.

5 Likes

Eh. Ya got good taste :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah, I prefer maple, just because i like the look of the light wood over the dark wood, and that goes pretty much with anything, bass, furniture, flooring, whatever, I just like the look of unfinished light woodgrain.
I do think Ebony would be my second however, if I can’t have it light, may as well go as dark as possible.

That said, I would still buy your Silver MM Stingray with dark fretboard @BigAl :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah , I remember reading that too.

1 Like

That is sexy, and it is Orangish, so it is automatically good

1 Like

Hunh, I’m the opposite. I love dark stained wood. Dark floors, furniture. I should move in to a funeral parlor.

2 Likes

I love those black tuners you put on it

1 Like

Yeah those music man bass are awesome sounding bass guitar. 1st high end bass i bought was a stingray blue burst. 2 months later I had my accident. I tried very hard to play it but was very difficult. I even had Mose make me a custom short scale neck on it but was to heavy and my back would get very sore. I also herniated 2 disc on my back. I loved that bass i didn’t want to sell it it was no good just hanging on my wall. Not being played.

it was a carbon fiber neck. Like that neck also said Big Al on headstock. The guy I sold it to his name was Allen. So it worked out.

6 Likes