Show the Bursts You Love & Those You Hate(-ish)

no, luckily

2 Likes

Thank God!!!

That thing is fugly!

3 Likes

lol man ouch

2 Likes

Timely to resurrect it though because Fender is bringing back Antigua so there is a lot of potential for some new worst-in-class bursts here.

Though I guess with Antigua it is less of a burst and more of a rot or decay look

3 Likes

Still a kind of burst, yeah. I wonder who ever had the idea of the Antigua color scheme. that’s just crazy.

2 Likes

Didn’t you say, that my favourite bass (Revernd Dub King) I’ll never have is antiqua?

Still love the colour!

1 Like

the color isn’t the problem

it’s what Fender does for the burst

it’s got high potential to be hideous :rofl:

(or awesome, if you like that)

1 Like

Also in truth yours is more avocado than Antigua

1 Like

I wish! Now I have ordered a cheap pink bass :frowning:

1 Like

Hey? What? Someone say Antigua?

3 Likes

ooh a strong contender already

3 Likes

That. Hurts.

3 Likes

it’s kind of a John Waters burst

Antigua is a green/green burst with an added burst on the pickguard. “Vomitburst” could have been a nice name :nauseated_face:

it’s way worst than this green burst :

… which is already very, very ugly to my eyes, to be honest.

Bonus point for a faded Antigua with the burst on the F-holes :

4 Likes

Couldn’t you have used the word “Vomitburst” in conjunction with the Dub King before? I would have purchased it!
I love this word invention so much, that I need to buy something green right now! Anything!

1 Like

I should trademark this name :joy:

3 Likes

You should! Do you also have an idea for this colour? My own idea is NSFW :frowning:

It’s ugly because of the combination with a tortoise pickguard IMO. Otherwise I like this metallic purple.

But sadly it’s not a burst … :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

The pickguard will be replaced. Maybe by shiny silver?!

The finish is “micro burst” :wink:

1 Like

yeah a mirror plate would be cool and would hide the junction with the metal control plate. otherwise, black or white would work I think.

2 Likes