Show us your amps

Cool. Thanks for the in depth response.

1 Like

After a long time consideration and a little bit rush decision, my excessive ‘practice’ amp arrived today.

My son was waiting all day for me to arrive so the huge package can be opened finally!

Yellow and Red… It is all about fire here :smiley:

I cannot take a photo of the whole corner since it is super messy atm plus I still have to understand how can I best make use of headphones with this amp. Actually that was the rush decision the combo sounded so good at the shop I did not check if there was a headphone output!

I tried connecting XLR Line Out to my DAI but the sound is not high enough on the headphones while I can only turn the master volume 1/8 in the house :smiley:

Does anyone else have this amp? Would a cheap mixer solve this?

8 Likes

You definitely would need equipment to solve this, a load box would do it. If it were me, I would just get a cheap headphone amp like a vox and forget about playing through this one with phones.

1 Like

Ohhh nice a Markbass :heart_eyes:

Your DAI solution should work though, is your line out knob on max?

2 Likes

I already have the VOX amp. What I am trying to do is to benefit from the high quality EQ of the Markbass…

That is the real tricky situation. The Focusrite input is getting clipped very quickly even though what I am hearing is very low. So I couldn’t get the Line Out volume knob all the way up. Right now it is on half way while gain on Focusrite is quarter and output volume is maxed…

I notice that it gets clipped on lower pitch notes earlier so maybe it is not the best equipment for monitoring a bass…

3 Likes

I’m positive you should get a solid sound on your focusrite. That is the whole reason why you have a DI out in your amp so that you can plug it in your audio interface. :sweat_smile: The best thing to do is eliminate every option until you find the culprit. Personally I think it could be something with your cable (for example is it TRS and not TS). I did read somewhere that the headphone output on the scarlett is a bit weak, but not as extreme in your situation.

So here goes:

1. Is it the right cable? Is it plugged in correctly? Maybe similar to what is said in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Focusrite/comments/cxocpb/focusrite_2i2_3rd_gen_very_low_volume/
  2. Does your audio interface needs a firmware update?
  3. Has your computer/DAW done something to your input and output settings of your DAI?

Also I read this somewhere: "On the scarlett there are two volume control knobs on the front of the interface. 1 controls the headphones and 1 controls the monitors. Get the balance between your mic input and instrumental correct in your DAW and then control the volume as suitable for heaphones/monitors. "

Hope this helps. I would do some investigation on the cables and your computer settings first. Good luck! :metal:

2 Likes

@Fahri Congratulations!

2 Likes

My very first amp back when bass playing was merely an “experiment”. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money for something I wasn’t sure I would like, so I bought a cheap $89.99 bass and this $33.74 Fender 1 watt “Mini Deluxe” amp.

I was so disappointed with the sound of this thing, I returned it to Amazon and bought a used Rumble 40 on Craigslist. From there I later upgraded to the Rumble 100, and now this: The Rumble 500 amp head and Rumble 115 cab.

7 Likes

now you can create an earthquake around your house.

4 Likes

LOL it sounds great, even at low volume. And I am now totally “gig ready”.

4 Likes

This thing is cute tho haha. I think it’s a 1W guitar amp and I can imagine it sounds like crap for bass. And I can relate with your bass knob at 9 o’clock with your new rig :joy:

2 Likes

i bought one of the little bass fly amps that is probably similar. and i like it. not that it sounds great or anything but you kind of have to take it for what it is. and i like an amp that can run on triple a’s and i can carry in the palm of my hand outside and practice with.

images

6 Likes

@itsratso I was looking at small battery powered amps a few weeks ago,. I played with that one in addition to a couple others. They have a good niche IMO

3 Likes

Separate amp head and cab now - girl, you’re rockin’ it like a pro now!! Super happy for you, I remember starting B2B around the same time as you, and when you first got that Rumble 100 after the 40. This is an upgrade for sure.

If I’m not mistaken, the 115 cab has wheels, right? You know you’ve got a solid kick ass cab when you need wheels to transport it :laughing: Hope your neighbors are still talking to you after a few months, lol.

4 Likes

Yes it does have casters,.

Screw the neighbors with their all night barking dogs and late night parties. I start my practice sessions at 5 am. HELLO, get your ass out of bed neighbors!

9 Likes

Rumble 100 arrived today. Took a photo with all my gear. Thanks with all the help and advice everyone.

It is super loud haha, but I love it :blush:

12 Likes

Nice! Now you need an amp stand to get it off the floor.

6 Likes

I haven’t tried that yet. What improvements do you get?

4 Likes

Never even considered it, I might build my own as a little project :smiley: Thanks Pam!

4 Likes

Getting it elevated projects the sound better, especially if you have carpeting or rugs.

5 Likes