Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Latest family pic, the Cort Elrick is my newest addition.

18 Likes

Nice family portrait.

4 Likes

Nice family grouping. Though I do note one Prominent absence.

5 Likes

Yes, well, I have tried but couldnā€™t befriend that particular bass.:grin:

3 Likes

I detect a distinct Jazz and Music Man preference pattern. :wink:

4 Likes

Hi @BassKees, welcome to the forums! Always nice to see a fellow Dutchman :cheese: Come over to the Introduce Yourself! (2023) thread and tell us a little bit more about yourself!

Edit: never mind, I see you already did that :blush:

3 Likes

How do you like the Cort? I was shopping the Elrick awhile back, but ended up going in a different direction.

2 Likes

Just got an email and text from Fender, they have a 40 percent off sale on a few basses. Aerodynes are a couple on there.

3 Likes

ohhhh shit.

must resist. mustā€¦ resist.

4 Likes

If youā€™re looking for a cheap project bass then $167 isnā€™t all bad.

2 Likes

I really love the Cort. Very playable and versatile. Lots of low end and sparkle. The mid ads either presence or thump, very musical. Great hardware too.

3 Likes

That would be a perfect bass to try a Novak H22 Gold Foil pickup on

2 Likes

Oops, I did it againā€¦

A new (to me) bass arrived yesterday, a Steinberger XT-2 to join my Spector.

They are very different, not only in how they look, but also in tone and feel. BTW, it sounds lovely.

The Steinberger also hangs more to the left, a function of where the strap button is. One used to be able to buy an extension that brought the bass more to the right, but they they seem impossible to get hold of. YouTube videos and DIY sometime over the next few weeks, me thinks!

Anyway, one in, one out. This weekend, I need to list the first bass I bought!

19 Likes

Whoa! What a snag. Those are awesome. Well done!

What model year is it?

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™ve no idea for either of them, although both are currently available from a ā€˜retailer near youā€¦ā€™

I bought them second hand and both are pretty much ā€˜as newā€™.

The Spector needed a set up, intonation was all over the place and the action was horrible. It was also some electrical hum, but that has now been sorted.

The Steinberger just needed tuning. The intonation is spot on and action is OK, but probably could do with a slight tweak. The main thing I need to sort is a strap hook extender so that the instrument hangs a little more to the right. Thatā€™s going to be my DIY challenge.

I really am an advocate of buying second hand. My main hobby is cycling and Iā€™ve bought some lovely bikes, that have barely been used, for significant discounts on the new priceā€¦. I think the same holds true with basses!

3 Likes

Yep buying used is a great idea! Except tonight I totally didnā€™t practice what I usually preach thereā€¦

3 Likes

Ok BB GASlust satisfied. Casa Yamahaā€™s newest member, my new matte black BB734A:

I tried ones at a couple different stores before picking this one, up at Ikebe Rock House Ikebukuro. I have bought from them before, and this is the second BB734A I have bought from Ikebe. At 4.3kg it weighs less than my last one too.

Love the fretboard grain, Iā€™ll have to get a better pic:

All right @PamPurrs, now weā€™re bass twins, except mine has 4 instead of 5 :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Congrats! I love the matte black.

5 Likes

Nice one! I kinda expected you to buy a red one haha

3 Likes

If they made them I would. And if they make them in the future I will.

4 Likes