Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Hail @BubbaLeeElectricalFu!
I love the bass photos.
I took the liberty of moving them into this handy thread.
Feast your eyes on all the basses!

6 Likes

Right on :relaxed::sweat_smile: thank you…

2 Likes

T-Bass is here

Sounds pretty good. There’s a lot of low end thump. Sounds like a jazz otherwise. She really well crafted, fit and finish are superb. My one knock is the gloss finish on the back of the neck. Easy to remedy

28 Likes

NICE.
Is this the J version of the Mighty Power (forget what they call it).

4 Likes

Oh yes @Wombat-metal :star_struck:

3 Likes

They call it a Might Jazz

I Might have gone for it, but did not want an all black bass. And I like Capri Orange, it’s a bit different. The new one is a Neo Classic btw. Besides the color, the NC has Gotoh bridge and tuners, where the MJ has FGN hardware. Will probably switch out the classic cheap knobs. Pretty pleased.

13 Likes

Congrats, @Wombat-metal. Sand down the back of that neck and get down with your bad self. :smiley:

5 Likes

Nice @Wombat-metal, the orange really pops. How does it sound?

3 Likes

Really does pop. I like that. Sounds pretty good, may need some setup, the E string seems loud. About to go do some practice, which tonight means scales. Well worth the investment

6 Likes

Soooooo nice looking! Congrats.

4 Likes

So I spent an hour playing, will play some more later. I found why the E string was so loud - the neck pickup was uneven. Tightened up a bit and the problem is fixed.

Sanded the neck some. Still looks a little glossy but feels much better. The neck feels like the same profile as the Mighty Power, but in a Jazz, a thin U I think they call it. Very ESP like. Very easy to play, and fret.

I tell you one thing this will do, it will slap. I tried it just for kicks, and I get the best percussive hit I have ever managed, without trying

Not sure what strings are on it, may get some DR PB. Neo Classic is modeled after the Fender American Standard from what I read, feels good, feels solid. Sounds good.

8 Likes

It is finally here! As beautiful as I thought it looked in pictures. In person is a whole nother level. The beauty and craftsmanship is actually breathtaking. I haven’t really played it yet, but the one minute I did play it was awesome :grin:

29 Likes

OMG :scream:!!!

4 Likes

It’s a true beauty. Congrats and happy playing.

4 Likes

I missed the discussion about this one- tell me more.

4 Likes

Congrats on a stunning/unique bass! That said, personally, I wouldn’t pick it out if I could choose freely among a line up of premium basses :joy:

6 Likes

The way the side markers are done almost makes it look like there is a valley for the strings on the fretboard, but I’m sure it’s just an optical illusion. Stellar looking bass man!

5 Likes

Very nice bass. Congrats and happy playing!

5 Likes

My Squiers - Affinity J and 40th Ann. Vintage edition P.

21 Likes

Good looking basses!

6 Likes