Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Biggest whale around here. Nice bass

6 Likes

It’s a fine neo-classical interpretation of a bass; essentially, a single cut mini-cello. :violin:

6 Likes

Very Nice. I love a black Jazz with a rosewood fingerboard!

4 Likes

Did you order your jazz yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

LOL. Nope :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, My taste in basses are a bit different than most. I think you would probably say that about 75% of my collection :grinning:

6 Likes

The bass is made by Stradi in Poland. Here are the specs.

Body: mahogany, deeply chambered, with pau ferro veneer on back
Top: lightly flamed deeply roasted oak, carved
Neck: 5-piece, oak center, birch sides with roasted oak linings
Fingerboard: ebony, swirl dots fret markers made of brass
Pickup: Delano TheXtender HE (quadcoil), passive

Here is a nice video about the company ( Thanks @Al1885 )

15 Likes

Wow! Is hybrid by any chance, or I’m really hoping, lol. It’s gorgeous! @Shibata congrats my man. You have very fine taste.

6 Likes

You are probably right :wink: And it really just means I am not as “adventurous” as you when it comes to body shapes and more unusual bass designs.

There is no doubt about it that you own some very stunning basses :star_struck:

6 Likes

Says the guy who owns a Mayones :grin:

Personally I like simple designs, that’s why I like Fender so much. It’s more a tool and not a work of art.

6 Likes

I can totally see why you’d say that, but while Mayones has some stunning, well almost gaudy designs, the one I really like and stick to is the Jabba, which is basically a slightly updated modern J bass body - this seems to be the form I most gravitate to :smile:

7 Likes

Same! Look at this beauty

13 Likes

Incoming???

7 Likes

You and me, brother. The quality is astounding.

5 Likes

Not right now haha. Also red is a bit too much for my taste. My son has red Sire P5 and it looks really classy on him when he gigs for special occasions.

4 Likes

I love red.

4 Likes

Me too, my first five or six basses and guitars were all red.

5 Likes

@Shibata Wow! That bass is stunning.

8 Likes

Thanks! I have put a few hours on it and it plays amazing. This is my first fretless without lines. The Delano Xtender sounds great. So far these are my favorite pickup.

5 Likes

This probably belongs in the Ugly bass thread, which is part of why we named it The Ugly Stick. Acquired this back before a Christmas. But WHY?! 25 bucks. That’s why. And it had a new set of strings at the time. Everything crackled and popped. Had a damaged tuner. Neither strap button is in the original hole although the original holes remain. But after some parts from my spares and and some time and expletives… it lives. And it doesn’t suck!! MIK Mako. Provided you can get past the general aura of childishness… it’s a p bass with a maple neck. Deng thing Rawks.

16 Likes