Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

I played a lot of p basses, Cutlass is definitely the best one by far. Looks great, feel awesome and sounds fantastic.

6 Likes

New Warwick looks amazing @Al1885

6 Likes

Mike: I hear you. That is why I hate selling it. In three years, I may wish I had kept it instead. I may just keep it…

5 Likes

Pro tip - if you are not 100% on selling something, and, you really NEED the money, keep $hit.
It will most likely only go up in value and you avoid regrets.

I find my taste changes in bass and generally comes back again, especially as I progress and start to feel what each bass can do and can sound like.

11 Likes

But don’t keep everything.

10 Likes

I once dated someone who never wanted me to go to her place. When I finally did, this is basically what I saw.

There’s a comedian (forget who) who said “always look at the person’s car, if it’s filled with piles of crap, run away”. It’s a good rule of thumb.

10 Likes

For me this goes for pedals too, I have been switching between analog and digital quite a few times!

Lol this reminds me of Seinfeld :laughing:

8 Likes

@Barney When did you snuck in to my house?

5 Likes

This is true, so sad but so true, lol.

4 Likes

USA Fender usually hold their value well, and nothing is getting cheaper, not to mention that Fender quality now is going down. They are making fret sprouts acceptable, which is nuts for a Made In USA instrument, it’s the new norm.

Like @John_E said, your taste will change and go on the rotation. Next you’d think the P bass is the one you can’t live without, rinse and repeat with Musicman, Fretless, multi scale, flat wound, round wound, Tapewound, active preamps, Made in Japan, the list goes on, lol.

You must have a strong mind to resist the temptation and not give in to the material world you’d be a happy man. I, of course have none of that quality, lol.

10 Likes

In that 5-string fretless MM, what is the 5-way toggle for? Is the pup split coil?

4 Likes

It’s like a game of Where’s Waldo except the guitar is “waldo”! I found the guitar in there! 25 necks and one of them is a guitar. Maybe another one is, but it’s facing away from camera has a hat on the headstock.

8 Likes

It’s a 3 way switch basically Series and parallel with the bonus in the middle. I live in the world of series so position 1 and 2 for me for the most part. If and when I really want to be heard then I’d flick it to position 3. It runs on 18V power plant so it’s technically a little less hot than 9v but huge headroom the tone stays the same in the middle or at max.

5 Likes

To my surprise, I thought it was like 20, lol. But I know I have more than 1 guitar.
There are 31 heads in the picture and 5 are 6 string guitars, 2 is tricky one. lol. see it?

There’s total of 35 heads in the room lol.

It used to have just 3, lol.

9 Likes

I need a shed dengit. And I need to stop buying drum stuff. But vacation is coming. Time to do some recording and make some noise consistently for a change. You’re on my list to visit @Al1885.

6 Likes

This is one fully distracting. I don’t know if i could walk into any room and not stare at that. Nice grab!

5 Likes

This game of “Find the Guitar” was more fun than I expected. Finally got it. It’s hiding pretty good.

7 Likes

Lol, it’s my game and I’m still having fun too. Ok here is the original picture with a little reveal

Here’s the hidden guitar. It’s the traveler eg-1

Here’s the rest of the room

5 Likes

Anytime @Reasonably_Happy. I have Logic Pro and with the blessing of @John_E I got the Xtouch as well.

3 Likes

Thanks @autumnsdad1990. I haven’t got around to the Infinity but a good deal would eventually come up and I’d grab one. 26 frets on the chambered one.

3 Likes