Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

@John_E

I suppose when I say custom, I’m probably using the wrong word but have a look at wdmusic.com in the accessories section for your specific bass and you’ll see loads. I read a few testimonials from people that have ordered and all seem happy with the service and quality. See what you think.

3 Likes

Ah. Yes. They won’t do custom right now. Which is what I need to clean up this…

7 Likes

Here’s their website. if you do use this excuse, you’ll need it.

3 Likes

I don’t know what it is yet but I want one. What kind of pickup is it? That’s so cool and intimidating, lol.

3 Likes

That link doesn’t work here @PamPurrs .
Possibly an Australian thing?

3 Likes

@Al1885 …hahaha…i was wondering if you had a bass with these in yet, did not see one on your wall…

The pickups are Sims Super Quad 4s.
The are configurable via the toggle between P, J and MM style.
With the 2 pickups, you get 15 combos of dual and single pickup setups.
I paired them with a 3-band Glockenklang active/passive preamp set for even more fun.
They will eventually go into a fully custom bass I am designing, but for now they sit in this cheapy Ray4 so I can play with them.

Below is the thread I started for the mod…

3 Likes

Oh yes. I need some Tums, I got gas, lol. I just checked them out. Looks like there’s a dealer in NoHo. I’ll do my homework and shoot you some questions. Thanks.

4 Likes

Yup. That’s where I got them, bassexchange.com

4 Likes

amazing :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

That’s because I Mucked up the URL. I fixed it so try it now.
Revu2U – We review, then give to you for FREE!

4 Likes

Cool. Thank you @PamPurrs

4 Likes

I’m thinking of getting an Ibanez SR500E. Sounds great and the price is right. Any reason why I shouldn’t?

https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/detail/sr500e_1p_02.html

8 Likes

Ibanez are great guitars. Good value for money. There is thread about it on Talkbass too: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/is-the-ibanez-sr500-a-good-buy.1249830/

7 Likes

I had an SR805, fine bass, same pickups.

I currently have an sr600e on order, if that’s any indication of how much I like this line of basses.

7 Likes

I’ve got an SR650 ( my first bass) and it’s great . Slim fast neck, good preamp, good pickups, light etc etc

I believe @Lanny has a SR500, Big Red?

7 Likes

Gorgeous finish

6 Likes

Not a bad deal at all. The case is pretty cool!!

4 Likes

I like the white but I did buy a Pearl white pick guard and I put it on it looks ok. Then I was thinking maybe I just get a black one.

4 Likes

Big Red’s a TRBX304 I think.

2 Likes

Mine arrives on Thursday and I am beyond excited. This is my 50th birthday gift to myself. I have cleaned and polished her spot in my music room and a new stand is poised, waiting to accept her.

5 Likes