Show us your Practice Space

This is where I did the course.

This is where the real work gets done.

This is where the real work gets done… with mood lighting.

37 Likes

Gotta love that “mood lighting”, @eric.kiser . . . :wink:

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

Okay. This is my actual practice space in the spare bedroom.

17 Likes

Did you really go through the work and put your equipment into the bathroom for a visual joke? :smiley:

Seems cozy. Well your actual practice place and place where you did the course. Not so sure about the one with the mood lighting :wink:

8 Likes

So you were serious about practicing on the toilet!

5 Likes

Yes @juli0r . Yes I did. And I’m pretty proud of it.

Ever since @PamPurrs started this thread I’ve been planning it and finally got around to doing it. I even spent real time thinking about the staging. As opposed to just throwing it together.

It relates back to this old post… Seat/posture when playing? - #10 by eric.kiser

It tickled me so much I’m still laughing about it. :rofl:

23 Likes

Actually a GREAT idea @eric.kiser - especially during those times when things sort of start sounding like… crap…:rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

There’s also the possibility for some… cheeky vibrato!

9 Likes

I tried practicing on the toilet once but really stunk up the place.

12 Likes

You must be good at multitasking.

10 Likes

Dual-purpose bass face.

16 Likes

Ok folks, let’s pack up. The winner of the prize for Comment of the Day is known. Nothing we can come up with will top this.

13 Likes

Very compact fully serviced space, I just can’t see the bar area in this snap​:joy::joy::joy:
Cheers brian

8 Likes

You got to think outside the box and fill the hand sink with ice, add a few long necks and the jobs a good ‘un :+1:

8 Likes

@peterhuppertz

I’ve never owned a cat, been a dog person my whole life- but have to admit your description of that badass cat makes me realize if I ever live out in an area with some space, it would be awesome to have a cat like that on patrol!

8 Likes

The thing with cats though is that you never know what you get.
You can train them to a certain degree but never change their personality so it’s hard to know beforehand what kind of cat it will be like :wink:

6 Likes

Fancied a change of scenery so this is practice space #2 .

A little warmer in a cold Melbourne night :wink:

13 Likes

I love the honesty here.
I might snap a photo here one day. But… it won’t be today. Or tomorrow.
Just imagine an artist, a comic book collector and a bass player got in a terrible head on collision, and everything, somehow, landed inside a room, burying furniture (maybe people) in the process.

9 Likes

LOL @Gio

5 Likes

Heh. It actually kind of helped to talk about it.
In another post I wrote that I have to clean up before I can show a picture and it motivated me to get off my ass regarding chores. I did not clean up the whole flat but the whole room, not just the practice corner.
The motivation for doing chores during social distancing was even lower for me than usual so the situation got a bit out of hand. It feels good to have a tidy place again and that in turn motivates me to continue the trend and clean up the other rooms too.

I’m also motivated to keep it that way now. 2 days in and I’ve keept it tidy. Might not sound like much but it’s an accomplishment for me.

I was expecting this to be a setup for a joke but then they didn’t went into a bar.

So how do you manage to keep your artist utensils away from the comic books? Aren’t they in danger of getting blotched with colors? My imagination is probably off. When someone says artist I immediately think of someone with brush and easel and either oil or acryl paint. I remember from the original creations thread that you do animations but I don’t know how that process goes. Is it all digital?

The artist part for me is probably my miniature figurines. The colors, brushes and all other equipment for that aren’t in my practice room. I dread having to bring order in that chaos. But I will!
Maybe I finally find my favorite brush again.

7 Likes