Show us your Practice Space

Nice. I was looking for a stand for 3 basses and this one was in consideration but I was afraid that it will be a flimsy stand, but if the first thing you mentioned is “that it’s robust” my concerns are gone.

5 Likes

I also have one, and it is indeed “very robust.” It’s built like a tank.

Another nice feature is that there is no assembly required - just unbox and unfold it, and you’re ready to store basses.

Mine replaced 3 A-frame type stands. It holds the basses much more securely and takes up less floor space.

6 Likes

I am, @PamPurrs. But cuz somebody asked once.

I once described my practice spot as:

a 4x10 cab with the center leaf of my kitchen table, with, an amp with an ipad… Yeah, I did, but to do this properly, I should build backwards.

And since I was in the middle of cleaning house this evening, My daughter is in Rehab for a little extra treatment at the moment, so I get free range and can clean without anybody (but me) to make a mess of it in the morning. YAY.
So
starting from the top down…

From the TOP DOWN
1 - Imac - Mid 2009 2O"
Sitting on
2 - Gallien-Krueger Backline 250 BL
with a (3 - ). G-drive removable hard drive on top of the Imac stand
A (4 - ) Moukey DAI to the right of the Imac
also covered by picks, chips, pens, magnifier light, lighters, and NAIL CLIPPERS, Always Nail Clippers, a thumb drive with evidence on it for me to listen to (??? :frowning_face:)
All resting on
5 - the center leaf of my table, with
6 - Vape Battery Charger with 2-3 batteries in it at all times
7 - Headphones
8 - two black mouse pads
9 - Books, whatever is there, usually Daily Reflections, Big Book of AA, the 12 and 12, 10 - some CD’s (currently, Beastie Boys Paul’s Boutique, and Smut Peddlers - Two Old Ones), 11 - spare change (no I can’t lie, thats all the money I have to my name), 12 - a card for my 1 year birthday from the club. 13 - 3ft 90 degree musical cable to play from my bass thru the Moukey.
And all of that
rests on top of
#14, my SWR WorkingMan 4 x 10, 400w max, 8ohm cab (really an Add A Cab to its big brother in the corner to the right of it.

To the left is
1 - SWR Workingman 10 - 10" - 80 watt RMS, 100W RMS add an 8ohm cab
ten inch speaker - piezo tweeter
(note, there is a 10" add a cab on Offer up for $100, I am trying to work out a trade)

2- six drawer unit. Not good for clothes, but would be great for accesoroies is I had make up, jewlery, probably a panty drawer.
I use it for papers and things that I don’t want laying around on top of my table leaf. :rofl:

The Instruments as seen thus far.

1 - GIO Ibanez Soundgear GSRM25 (I think, I beleive the 5 string is SSRM50) ----in Roadster Orange.
2 - GIO Ibanez Soundgear (had to look it up) GS08U094223 (made in China), ----Double Humbucker with a built thru tremolo like Floyd Rose
3 - Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray SLO Special
3 - DEAN - MetalMan M - 4 string passive bass with a single soap bar pickup near bride. - Old strings, , thinking about DR Orange 5 string set, strung BEAD, have not committed to it yet. Side note, It plays and feels really. nice, even with the Wider P neck.
4 - Sterling By Music Man Sub-Series Ray4. Stock Ernie Ball Slinky’s (Hybrids I think). Love em, why change em. This is my go bass all day long. I pick up the EBMM daily, sometimes longer then the SBMM, but all in all, when it is all said and done, at the end of a month, I will have played the SBMM more.
that said, I love them equal, slight edge to the Music Man tho.

Ok, back in that far mess of a corner.
Lets take a look at the picture so we know what we are messing with.

1 -SWR - Workingman 15 Combo 160W RMS / 200 RMS add on 8ohm cab (the same cab that is the bass (no pun intended) of my whole set up, with amp head and computer on top of it)

• fifteen speaker
  • Piezo tweeter
  • all the SWR goodness, Aural Enhancer , 4 band pre amp with frequency set for mis range scoop, limiter, fx loop, DI etc…
  • Amp / Headphones / Amp off. (you can hear the amp and headphones unless you select amp off, then you get headphones only)
    2-Line6 Bass Pod Pro Preamp. ala @terb, one of his recommendations, got if for $80, and have had a little fun with it already. (I got alot of things prior to moving, and was excited to get here and get everything set up nece and permanent, then I went in the hospital the week after we moved, and with such a long recovery, I have been playing things piece by piece still. Hopefully will get this permanently situated soon. Still having fun with it until then tho.
    3 -couple multi toolboxes. One is always open, I go in and out of it that much, the larger one, is the same thing with a few extras, I crack it open if need be, but the small one does the trick 10 out or 10 times.
    4 - misc tools, there is a torx key in red, a short patch cable, short straight screwdriver and a needle nose vice grip. next to is are some cables, straps, empty boxes, and a smaller 3 shelf unit that is super handy to hold onto sll the little things that love to run away and be nowhere to be found when you are putting things back together.
    all the way right, on the table, if my somewhat neglected peddle-board.
    and it is not because I do everything in DAW, quite opposite, I Harley do anything to my sound in DAW, it is just a portability / room / energy / pain combined with a general Fuck It attitude most days.

When I get this right, I will have that board near my feet, like 70 deg or close, so all I have to do it twist the chair towards my bass, and my feet will be on top of the board. No real plans as too when that is, but i am hoping sooner.

Un-necessary flash of the peddle board, just like un-necessary shot of the moonlight bouncing off Brad Pit’s ass in some movie that it did it in.

Not really in playing order, still in moving order, even tho I moved 6 months ago (granted 4 were in the hospital and sick as a dogn but still, that leaves 2 monts. TWO whole MONTHS. WTF HAVE I BEEN DOING PEOPLE

17 Likes

Excellent post. Great gear. Love how the iMac is where all the stickers go.

And I laughed until I stopped at this line:

5 Likes

Cool space, basses and pedalboard @T_dub! Seems you covered it all in one post :smiley: Those SWR look really nice and rugged. Much better then Brad Pitt’s ass :rofl:

5 Likes

Love the look of the Dean @T_dub
Might need one of those in my future lol :joy:

4 Likes

Get one,
I find them cheap often. Under $200. I got mine for $80
Needed a hell of a set up. I bet that kid thought playing bass sucked cuz of the super high actionwith a fretboard that was too flat. Actually was bowed in the middle up.

I got it set right and it plays and SOUNDS KILLER.

Great investment for a pc of Dime nostalgia

4 Likes

That’s a very serious guitar!

4 Likes

One knob. The kawaii knob.

3 Likes

Yeah, maybe just for gain, to keep the cost down.

3 Likes

My rat’s nest.
L->R: Serek Midwestern 2, Crush Chameleon Ash Drums, Warwick Streamer LX.

17 Likes

Nice spot @sfadams, That looks like a left handes workspace if I ever saw one. :wink:

I forgot to upload one of the pictures of my Toys the other day when I showed my practice space.
This is on the other corner of my living room, on the other side of my BED.
There are two basses in this photo if you can see them. They are blocking my boards.

That is what I need new Knees for, there is a snowboard there too if you can spot it.
I have other surfboards outside in the closet on the patio too.

8 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

moving is a bitch. i am selling my house, just got done doing all the initial packing up just to get it in shape to show it. took 2 months and i can hardly stand up right now, my hands are killing me due to arthritis so i haven’t touched my basses in over a month and i’m literally eating motrin by the pound.

6 Likes

Sounds all to familiar.
I hope you get a little break now, or soon, your Basses miss you.

6 Likes

Amp, bass and TV set up at the back of the house

19 Likes

I did a little re-arranging this week and this is my practice space now. I hung the basses on the wall for some extra floor space and moved the desk (table). It feels a lot more roomier this way.

The guitar in the middle of the group belonged to my grandfather. He was in World War I (The Great War) stationed in France and his job was repairing saddles for the cavalry. He played that guitar as far back as I can remember.

28 Likes

That is awesome @JerryP . Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

Very nice Jerry, @JerryP ,
Love the arcade game :+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Very nice, nothing wrong with a little TMNT gaming. Makes for a good work break.

6 Likes