Show us your Practice Space

I like it. Very neat.

6 Likes

Love it!

3 Likes

That chart is very impressive :+1:

3 Likes

Mine’s pretty cramped compared to the others posted here. Typical pokey small UK house :slight_smile:

It’s also a room that in the UK, is classed as a “Lower ground floor”. So in English, what that means in reality, is that it’s effectively a cave :smiley:

Google Photos

Also, I have no idea why the previous owner of my house put an outside tap half way up the stairs, inside the house, but there you go…

Google Photos

Google Photos

Believe it or not, 3 people can jam in here at the same time :slight_smile:

Forgot about the studio - 4 of us rent an office space in a large horse riding building in the village I live in - and that’s where the drumkit is, as there’s no way I can fit it in at home, and it would be too loud anyway. Don’t have many pictures of the studio, but found this one -

Google Photos

22 Likes

That’s a pretty cool space :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@quadfather that’s a very efficient use of small space. Very nice!

5 Likes

@PamPurrs - thanks! It takes a bit of head scratching to fit new stuff in, but it’s kinda getting there!

If T_Dub would stop tempting me to get even more basses it would help too :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Tokyo musician life:

That’s right, my practice space is sandwiched between my PC and my TP hoard.

(I actually have an entire room but usually do practice either standing right there, or sitting at the PC running Reaper)

23 Likes

The Jazz Cave, revisited

I did post piccies of my jazz cave before, but I’ve rearranged some stuff in the meantime, so here’s a revisit.
For those who haven’t dropped by yet: my Jazz Cave is in fact a loft, with a slanted ceiling which works quite well. It’s only 35 square meter (that’s around 375 square feet), but I managed to have it hold a lot of stuff without feeling impossibly cramped!

So, without further ado, do come in!
Remember that desk that was a huge mess when you first dropped by?

This is my “work” desk. Normally, my work notebook would be here, but since I’ve been laid off, that’s currently not the case. Sometimes, my little Dell ultrabook lives on this desk.

Gear
Remember how, when you took a step further into the room, there would be a huge pile of CDs and photog equipment in front of the book case? Wellll…

… it’s all gone! I said I wanted a little cabinet under the basses to store the photo stuff in, and here it is! It also holds the MIDI keyboard when not in use.
I also erected two narrow CD cases that were previously on their side, stacked on top of each other. I had to take a saw to the leftmost one, to take a couple inches off to fit it under the slanted ceiling.

The photo bags are stowed away in a cabinet behind…

The media rack:

Not much has changed here, except that the Telecaster, which was previously on the wall between the two basses, has now been chased away, and is spending its time on a stand behind the right speaker.
The silver boxes are a Sony ES amp and a Sony ES SACD player; the black box is my media center. I use the latter most often; the CD player is hardly used.

So, let’s turn around 180 degrees:

This is where I practice, noodle, and occasionally record myself. I’ve rolled away the desk chair, which I often do when practicing. From left to right:
The Cort Action is on the stand where I put the bass I’m playing. Directly next to it is my 40 Watt practice amp, and next to that my Zoom B1X Four. The practice amp feeds its analog output (a preamp out) into the line in of my computer, which you can’t see because it’s under the desk. This desk is my personal desk; no employment-related stuff happens here. I use it mainly for my personal coding projects, processing photos and the occasional video, record music, and to visit BazzBuzz and related things – so when I am watching Josh or practicing along with the workouts (or write incessant drivel on this forum), this is where I stand, or sit.

Behind the bass, you see a pile of CDs. These CDs still have to be ripped onto the media center – a work in progress. The majority is already on there, but I’ve still got a backlog of… I think around 150 albums.

This is the view from behind the desk. The white umbrella on the stand to the far right is a flash strobe, which I used to some of these pics, but not for this one.

23 Likes

@peterhuppertz that is absolutely brilliant. I love it! :heart_decoration: :guitar:

7 Likes

We know that space is at a premium in Tokyo.
I’d consider using less pedals and less toilet paper… :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you, I’m actually quite proud of (and very pleased with) what we did here! :smiley:

6 Likes

Wow what a great little corner Pam.
Looks real cozy.
I won5 show you mine cause it’s just my bedroom.:cry:

7 Likes

Same here.
Currently the amp is also just in the middle of the room.
I should tidy up a bit on the weekend. Maybe even enough that I’m willing to post a picture of the room.

7 Likes

Love this thread seeing everyone’s creative spaces…
Here is my home edit suite/man cave/music room. I’m a video editor, but my space has become more music oriented in the last couple of years.!

20 Likes

I’m jealous @peterhuppertz, really cool space! Puts my one bit of metal racking crammed into a corner to shame!
When are we all coming to the Netherlands for the party? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Great set up @peterhuppertz
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Hi @quadfather,
Love your set up,
I agree about the drums, I wear ear muffs when I play mine
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Nice space @lee_editorial, and I agree good to see how different people accommodate the music kit.

5 Likes

Nice space @lee_editorial
Cheers Brian

4 Likes