Show us your Practice Space

Cheers - it constantly changes depending what I can get my hands on!

Yeah, it’s a pity about the drums - I’m not in a detached house either so it’s not acceptable, even if I had the room.

But on the flip side, there are 4 of us who chip in to rent a studio here in the village, and that gives us a chance to bring the big stuff like hugely powerful heads and cabs to the studio, plus my drums and we can properly rock out, so at least the 4 of us can go mad freely :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very well organized.

5 Likes

Anniston, Alabama

3 Likes

Here’s my bass room/home office. The walls still need some decorating.

20 Likes

Nice. I like the chair. Do you use when you play?

3 Likes

Yes, it’s an Ikea bar stool with adjustable height. I prefer to sit high for playing which seems almost impossible with standard chairs, especially if you are above average size.

I’ve also got an office chair, but with the armrests, it’s impossible to use it for practice :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@Krescht the beer mug is a nice touch :beer: :beers:

4 Likes

Most of the time, it’s only filled with water :wink:

4 Likes

I move my practice space into the dining room, and my #1 fan just follows me.

27 Likes

Cutest “fan” I’ve seen here so far, @PamPurrs . . . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Good space @Krescht. That stool looks like a good idea. I’m trying to sit on a very low, very soft sofa and it’s not brilliantly ergonomic

8 Likes

Awesome! I don’t think my “fan” is quite as attentive :grin:

13 Likes

Another sweetie, @joergkutter ! . . . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

I’ve spent hours cleaning and tidying up the place so I can show my practice space without feeling ashamed. Here it is:

Viewing/Playing Area:

A more blurry shot with both cats:

Singing & Anything to do with Computer Area (Ignore the nonexistent cable management… please)

Convienence things I’ve done to the space/setup:

• The HDMI Signal from my main monitor is always cloned to the TV. Usually I watch the lessons on the TV after starting it on the Computer.
  • Reachable Line-In Cable connected to the Computer (Although I tend to use the mic for recordings. Once I connected it I had no reason to remove it)
  • I use an android emulator/VM (Bluestacks) for the singing apps because holding the phone in front of me is awkward and I’m pretty sure my condenser mic is better than my phone mic.

Also: I know the 2x2 Rubics Cube is not solved. That is a trap for visitors. With the 2x2 cube some think “It’s easy” and there’s a chance to get them fixed. It’s another hobby of mine after I decided I don’t want to stare at my smartphone when traveling by bus, train or tram. Since corona I haven’t practiced that much but I still should be able to solve the 3x3 in under 1:20m.

For those who are especially attentive: The thing mirrored in the top left corner of the TV is my 3D printer. Okay. I stop annoying you with my hobbies besides bass.

21 Likes

Very nice space @juli0r. I especially love the cats and batman logo.

5 Likes

Yes! The chair cape was a present from a very good friend of mine.

It’s cheap, stupid and childish.
It’s one of the presents I cherish the most from the ones I received.

8 Likes

3 fun traits that I exercise often in my life…

8 Likes

@joergkutter @PamPurrs

OK, I think we’ve started a new side thread of our “fans!”

17 Likes

Sorry, but I LOVE these fans (pictured above and in @PamPurrs recent posts above) much better then the other furry 4 legged ones many show.
Even if you show both, I love these.
The others, sorry to say, I can do without.

3 Likes

I love this chair, and I have been looking for something that will work for playing especially…

I think I qualify. How much were those chair / stools if you don’t mind me asking?

I have an IKEA up the road, I may plan a trip when they open back up.

I may get away with it, or I may need to wait til I have a more, real, living space

2 Likes