Show us your straps!

@howard

I managed to find the Kliq on another Amazon page that had different sizes and will be ordering this one. Not sure why I didn’t see it before.
KLIQ AirCell Guitar Strap, SHORT, for Bass & Electric Guitar with 3" Wide Neoprene Pad and Adjustable Length from 38" to 44" (Short), Black Price: CDN$ 46.99

6 Likes

I was using an old unpadded strap that my son had on an old Epiphone electric guitar he doesn’t use much. I ordered a Neotech Mega Strap from Guitar Center, and it is much more comfortable now (Midsize shown below).

Guitar Center only offers two choices for the Neotech Bass Straps: the Mega for $23.46, which is 4" wide and adjustable from 36" to 45"; and the Super for $32.50, at 3.5" wide and adjustable from 33" to 42". I had measured the old strap which had been adjusted to a length that suit me, and it was 43", so I went for the Mega size. I was a bit leery of the 4" width, but it seems to work, even on my small shoulder.

What is interesting (besides the fact that the longer Mega size costs less than the shorter Super size at Guitar Center - pretty sure I got an unintended deal!) was the small paper that came with the strap’s packaging. It described the various other lengths available for the Neotech Mega strap, including:
Short (32"-37")
Regular (36"-45") ← the size I have
Midsize (40"-50")
Long (44"-55")

Before seeing that, and previously not having gone to the trouble of visiting the Neotech website, I mistakenly thought there were two sizes, Super and Mega (the Mega is described by Neotech as a series). Many people who had bought the Super and wrote reviews for it at Guitar Center’s site complained about how the Super was too short for them. It turns out that the Super only comes in one size for Bass (33"-42"). The Neotech website has more detailed information about how to choose the right size for the Mega, but it turns out my “Regular” works out fine for my small Ibanez GSRM20L miKro within the measurements recommended. The Midsize would work, also.

While at the Neotech site, I noticed an accessory item which might be useful: the Stomp Stopper, to prevent cables from accidental disconnections, $12 for a 2-pack.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Lovely Sire M2! Been wanting one for a while.

2 Likes

I have one of the KLIQ aircell straps, but I have since grown fond of this:

I have two of these and thinking about getting a third.

4 Likes

I just got this because it went with my guitar… I only play sitting down on my bed atm so if I join a band and end up jamming Ill probably get one of the ones mentioned.

9 Likes

Italia leather straps (California). Made when you order. Also have a beautiful “wine” one, for the bass that will come one day. Great leather, weight distribution and feel

l.

11 Likes

Thank You its a gift from my son!!

3 Likes

@Never2Late

I was going to purchase the Kliq strap but after seeing a lot of negative reviews compared to the Neotech Mega I ordered the Neotech Mega Regular.
Fortunately for me I did check the Neotech website before ordering and I have to say their site is quite informative.

6 Likes

I ordered the Neotech Mega Regular.
Fortunately for me I did check the Neotech website before ordering and I have to say their site is quite informative.

So you probably saw the image below. The regular has a comparatively shorter connector piece to attach to the button at the top of the bass, which has the effect of a bit more of the padded area in front of your shoulder, than a Midsize or Long would. That may or may not matter, depending upon your size.
Neotech_Mega_Bass_Strap_sizes

7 Likes

@Never2Late

I saw that and had a hard time making up my mind between the Regular and Midsize.
The 4" Levy that I am using now is 43" so either should work.

5 Likes

@Never2Late @Celticstar do you know what’s the exact length of that connecting piece on the Regular version?

4 Likes

@akos
I measured it on my Regular strap, and it’s about 3 and 3/8 in., or 8.5 mm.

5 Likes

@Never2Late

Thank You.
I was starting to worry about that as I purchased the Regular but 3 - 3 3/8" puts the padding starting right around my armpit from the strap button so it should be OK. Too late to change it now as it has already been shipped.
My strap length is 43" and I believe you said yours was the same.
Are you satisfied with the Regular strap or do you think you would have been happier with the Midsize version?

4 Likes

@Celticstar, the page for the Mega strap at the Neotech site has a chart, indicating that the distance from the top of shoulder to front strap pin is:

• Mega Strap - Short & Regular 7"–11" (17,8cm–27,9cm)
  • Mega Strap - Midsize 9.5"–13.5" (24,1cm–34,3cm)

I am short (5’ 2", with proportionately short limbs and fingers - even shorter pinkies!). I measured my “top of shoulder to front strap pin” distance with the guitar and strap on, and it seems to be 9" to 9.5", but could be a bit less; it’s a little awkward to measure myself. So for that measurement, plus the length, I possibly could have gone with the Midsize, if I’d known of its existence at the time. The only reason for me to choose the Midsize, if I’d known about it, would have been to have the extra length in the hypothetical case of me passing the strap on to my guitar playing son some day. The Regular might fit him, anyway (he is 6’, slim build). The Short size Mega strap at 32"-37" is too short in length, even for yours truly!

In hindsight, I should have looked up the Neotech website before making the purchase, just to get more information.

5 Likes

@Never2Late

They do say that good things come in small packages :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I did that but obviously still had issues.
How does the Mega Regular look on your 6’ son?

At 5’2" where does the padding start on your body and are you happy with the fit of the Regular?

I am 5’8" and from the measurements I took the regular should work out fine.
I will know in a few days when it arrives.

5 Likes

I’ll see if I can’t my son to check the fit tomorrow (Friday), as well as check where the padding is on me, and let you know.

4 Likes

@Never2Late

Thank You.

3 Likes

That should have read “I’ll see if I can get my son” - darn autocorrect! (it just corrected “darn” to “farm” for Pete’s sake!). No, I couldn’t possibly have made a typo, just because it’s late and I’m tired. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Okay, my 6’ 0" son just tried on the bass w/Mega strap, both as left handed orientation and right. Looks fine, and the padded part covers well over shoulder in front and back. He didn’t complain that the length needed adjusting, and the bass seemed to be at a good height - maybe a tad low, but not too low or high on him.

Hope that helps!

5 Likes