Song 3 - “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley

Thanks @cheeze_pizza @John_E !

Ooops thanks too @Barney :+1:

2 Likes

I’m finally get caught up on the covers thread.
Great job Ed! You’re on the way to crushing the 50 songs.

2 Likes

Yey! I’m trying to burn through the first few fairly quickly @JerryP - the later ones look a fair bit tougher …

2 Likes

Hi!

Finally, I managed to edit this one in Kdenlive and got it done. I recorded it a week ago, but then the audio was off, then this didn’t work, and that … :see_no_evil:

I haven’t yet come around to using a DAW, as video editing took priority. I used OBS to make the backing track somewhat quieter. Do tell me if the bass is still too quiet or just right.

Also, I used Moises to split the tracks and mute the bass, so no overdub was used here. :slight_smile: Hopefully, the audio is synced well enough, it would be great if you could let me know.

Gnarls Barkley Crazy Live David Letterman - 2023 11 19 19 26 14 -

Thanks for your support and feedback, I’m learning a lot doing these covers. :hugs:

Cheers,
Antonio

PS: Enjoy your weekend!

6 Likes

Nice one @antonio ! Johnny Cash next?

3 Likes

This was really good @antonio !!

3 Likes

Well done Antonio! I will have to agree with the commenters on Song 2; the volume is a bit low. I had my device maxed out to reach a decent volume. Keep up the good work man!

2 Likes

Very well done Antonio! Nice tone as well!

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the good feedback!

I’ve looked into the volume and will adjust the levels in the next edit, way too low, I agree. It didn’t sound low on my computer, but hey.

Cheers,
Antonio

1 Like

Here’s my Crazy entry: Gnarls Barkley - CRAZY

I tried to pay homage to the music video a bit by throwing a tritone filter over it and my Pupper really got into this take at a couple parts so I had to use it.

5 Likes

Nice groove. Well done!

3 Likes

Great job @myheadsmt91 !

1 Like

Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
I hadn’t played the song for many months, this was my fourth attempt at recording, there are a few mistakes, near enough can be good enough :slight_smile: .

The song is playing from YouTube, hence my rapid attempt to play the first note on time. I later discovered that Moises has a beat click that plays before the song begins. I will use this beat intro with other recordings.

I used the website Moises (5 free songs per month) to remove the bass and the bass background. These are my settings.
Moises50-03Crazy

I am happy to receive feedback.

My first video.

Equipment
Bass (acoustic) : Ibanez PCBE12MH
DAI (hardware) : Behringer M2
DAW (software) : Reaper
Video camera : Nokia C02
Video editor : Shotcut
Laptop : Win 10 , Dell E5470 , RAM 8GB
Laptop : Dual core i5-6300U 2.4Ghz
BassBuzz student : 2 years
Video quality : 720p

4 Likes

Awesome job EverC! Keep up the good work!

Nice job overall.
A couple of timing blips here and there, and overall, quite a ridgid feel vs. a more groovy feel. That said, this comes with time and comfort in playing, and not expected to be perfected at this point.

I look back at mine from this time and hear all the same stuff. I thought I was so groovy at the time, lol.

Keep going, you are doing great!

1 Like

For comparison, the groovy feel I would like emulate @John_E :grin:
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy (IMY2 Cover)
This bass player has a slight modification to our BassBuzz bassline.