Speaking of pet pictures

Normal picture :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Thats hilarious lol

5 Likes

This is Sandy. I found her after taking a wrong turn on the way to a gig one morning in a dodgy part of town. After the show, I retraced the route and she was actually sitting in the middle of the road. When I got home from dropping her off at the vet I went to take the bass out of the back of the van and she had pooped on the bass bag!
She has turned out to be a pretty good dog and is a very good dancer.

18 Likes

Youā€™d be made more than welcome @T_dub as a guest.
If things go to plan thereā€™ll be acres to ride over but thatā€™s another story. Just keep things crossed for the battle Iā€™m about to enter

7 Likes

Must be a tough battle if you need ā€œThings Crossedā€, I guess implying fingers are not enough. You need fingers, toes, arms, legs, ears, eyes, ball hairs, what else should I cross for you??? Whatever it is, lmk, I will do it for you buddy. :wink: :rofl: :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

Long story but youā€™ll all know if I get the right result :+1:

7 Likes

My thought are with you @Mac

5 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs . Very much appreciated

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if Lucy is guarding my gear or my booze.

16 Likes

My dog has started leaving the room whenever I start to slap bass. Think I need to work on my tone

4 Likes

This is an older picture of my dog when he was about three, he is going to be nine in April. His name is Cody and he is a Lab/Irish Setter mix. He looks about the same now but with a whiter face and a bit more weight, he is a really sweet dog and thinks he is still a puppy.

17 Likes

This is Angelicka. Sheā€™s the President of my fan club. Actually, she is my fan club.

Sheā€™s a Dachshund-Terrier mix, rescued from the mean streets of Tijuana, Mexico. Despite her past she has the sweetest disposition of any pet Iā€™ve ever owned.

She will lay down right in front of my amp and take a nap while Iā€™m practicing.

18 Likes

Hey @PamPurrs. Do you have an update on Lucy?

7 Likes

Thank you for asking @eric.kiser

Sheā€™s scheduled for surgery on April 22nd to correct her luxating patella, which Iā€™ve learned is common among her breed (Bichon Frise). Unfortunately, the estimated cost is $3,800 - $4,000, which is more than we have on hand, so weā€™ve had to sell a few things to raise money. Weā€™ve even started a GoFundMe for her (which @Jazzbass19 has contributed to. Thank you Joe).
Iā€™ve had to return or sell much of my beloved gear, but I can always buy them again later. Our fur baby comes first.

8 Likes

Why donā€™t you post the GoFundMe here?

5 Likes

I donā€™t know that @JoshFossgreen would approve of that.

5 Likes

Ugh, our dog had to have that surgery on both hind legs when she was still fairly youngā€¦ they claim over-breeding of certain popular breeds as a potential reason for this to be quite frequent among (smaller) dogs. Ours is a bichon havanais.

Not that any of this helps youā€¦ But perhaps this: our dog got through both surgeries fine and she is doing well here and now, years after the surgery!

All the best!

7 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter. How long did it take your dog to be up and running after the surgeries?

5 Likes

If I remember correctly, it goes amazingly fast. Dogs are probably more resilient when it comes to those things than we are - they probably HAVE to be. In the start, right after the surgery, we had to carry her around even for the basic ā€œneedsā€, but she started to manage to move one three legs fairly quickly, and then, within a week or so, she started to put some weight on her ā€œinjuredā€ leg again. However, she also got some form of physio and, all in all, it was about three months before she was completely back to normal.

4 Likes

I donā€™t have any pets right now, but as soon as we get our paperwork in order and redo our drivers licenses, my partner and I will be looking to adopt a dog. He has never had pets in his life, and I grew up with a menagerie of them! What swung him around was pet sitting for some friends - one of them had a Border Collie x Kelpie and he was SMITTEN.

This is Lucy. She is so smart ad sweet, and she has a huge personality! She moved back to Australia with her owner, so we havenā€™t seen her in almost 2 years now.

My all time favourite pet was a Jack Russell Terrier that my family owned from 2003 - 2016. She was so sassy and had all the character. I loved that dog with my whole heart.
She was small enough to fit through the window bars in our house, so she would sneak into the house when she wasnā€™t allowed to. We would sometimes find her curled up in someoneā€™s bed! She would inevitably get chased out of the house, and she would pretend to limp slowly all the way to the door. If you peeked out the window you would see her immediately turn around and trot off looking for another open window when she thought no-one was looking!

This is a pic of her from around 2015. I still miss her a lot.

Iā€™ve also had tortoises, hamsters, rats, parakeets (budgies, specifically), goldfish, guppies, chickens, labradors, mixed breed dogs, cats (my family were allergic so we ended up rehoming them), and many more Jack Russells.
I did foster a kitten fairly recently. She was a handful, but I loved her! I would have kept her if I hadnā€™t taken a job in another country.

Look how tiny she was!
Her name was Squiggle. She is in a great home with a lot of other cat friends now, and her new name is Ariel.

14 Likes